August 19, 2009 - Wednesday

Hot and sunny, but quite muggy today.

A good day. I stayed up late reading again, so had to drag myself out of bed this morning to check for news. Didn't find any either, so went back for a lie-in/extra nap. Got up later and did my computer stuff.

In the afternoon, I had some leftovers for lunch and then got busy. I decided to tackle my computer corner. I haven't finished, but it's greatly improved. I moved my file boxes from the top of the desk to the shelf underneath. That means I can now see the TV better, plus it's easier to get to the telephone/fax machine. Kind of a win win for me. I boxed up some of my books, and unboxed others. I decided to list a few more on Bookmooch (unfortunately, not working too well at the moment) and shredded a bunch of stuff with my name on it. I just hate how everything in this country comes with my name on it in big letters. Yuck. Case in point, UNICEF. Yes, I know they do amazing work, but 3 years ago I made a donation and they've been sending me requests for more money ever since. I wouldn't mind as much if the requests were in English, but they aren't. They very helpfully even fill out my name on the donation form. Except, I'm not making a donation. And, then there's the fact that I usually get at least 2 catalogues from them every summer and winter. TWO. They are exactly the same. I wrote them and asked to be taken off their mailing list but they refused! I do think they've cut it down to one catalogue at a time though.

Anyway, I also vacuumed the apartment today, and did a bunch of small jobs that really don't need mentioning. Except if I don't, my hubby will never notice that they're done!

In the evening we decided to do a bit of shopping. Hubby took me to one of those restaurant supply stores and I got a bunch of frozen food. Yay. I also went to the drug store-I bought one thing, so it was a quick trip. I didn't want my frozen stuff to melt! We brought the food home. The original plan was to do our errands and then bike to the restaurant for dinner, but I was hungry! I asked that we not bother getting more food for tomorrow night, and just go to the restaurant now. So we did. Sort of. F just took his own sweet time coming out of the apartment. I was getting more and more annoyed with him, and even came back to find out what the hold up was. He was looking for our point card. After 10 minutes of searching I told him to just forget it. We biked to the restaurant.

We had a nice meal. F wanted to bike so that he could have a beer. I wanted the exercise, so it was fine with me. He did do that thing where he was trying to get me to eat his food again. He just goes about it the wrong way. If he'd say to me, "Would you like to try this?" I might, but being told that he ordered his dish to share with me is a bit condescending. If it was to share, then he should have consulted me about it in the first place, right? Then, he got dessert as part of his set and announced that it was for me. Huh? If I wanted dessert I would darn well have ordered some for myself. The thing was, I ordered my meal with the specific plan not to need dessert. I didn't eat dessert today! The restaurant was showing the Disney channel as usual and tonight it was Homeward Bound : The Incredible Journey. I'm glad it wasn't the original one as I would have been crying from seeing the gorgeous Siamese. Seeing the Himalayan cat was bad enough. She ran just like our cat. (Sorry, need a minute....getting verklempt....talk amongst yourselves....)

We came home afterwards and had a quiet evening. Watched a bit of Ugly Betty, and then F found a British drama for me. I had already seen it, but British drama reruns beats anything Japanese anyday, so I watched it to the end of the episode. F went to bed.

Tomorrow I'm back to work. I have a couple of evening classes. If I get motivated enough tomorrow I'll finish cleaning around my computer corner. The big pain thing are my books. I have so many that I don't have any place to put them. That's one of the reasons I bookmooch so much. And, I need to do laundry too. Maybe. I might save that one for Friday though.

Night.

PS...The point card was in with his license. He found it in the restaurant. Gah!

No comments: