August 20, 2009 - Thursday

Hot, cloudy and humid.

I had a good day today. It wasn't as productive as yesterday, but I didn't mind too much. I didn't do laundry but did clear off most of my drying rack. I folded up all the new tea-towels too.

I watched Ben Affleck's Gone Baby Gone and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I know that it was based on a book by the same author as Mystic River, and there were some similarities to that film's feel, but I really enjoyed it. I had heard it was good, but hadn't been able to see before. I'm not sure if I like Casey Affleck that much. The only things that I've really seen him in have been this and The Assassination of Jesse James (I'm discounting the Ocean's movies as he isn't one of the main actors) and his voice is quite monotonous.

For lunch I had my usual omelette, plus half an avocado. Yum. It was nice. I took off to the school and made pretty good time. I was there right at 5 pm today.

I got my school cooled down (it was over 30C in there today) and the water ready for coffee and then waited for my student. And waited. She called a little later to say she wasn't coming to class. She was quite busy at work and hadn't finished. Poor thing.

I set aside her materials and got ready for my next class. After that, I read up on the new textbook that I have to start on Saturday (should be okay) and then finished the newspapers.

My class today was okay. The students have been away for two weeks and have forgotten everything. Sigh. We were doing review and it was a good thing. Still we had quite a fun lesson. The little one knows some words that her sister doesn't and it's quite funny to see her use them--correctly too I might add.

After class I did my paperwork, and cleaned up the classroom. I put the chair away, and got out tomorrow's stuff. Then F called me. He asked me if we had the interview tonight. Nope, tomorrow night. He did have to call a potential student tonight though. Then, getting a suspicious thought in my head, I asked him where he was. Parked outside my school. Argh! I asked him to pick up my bike and then come in the school.

When he came in I was a little surprised. He was all dressed up. He really did think tonight was the interview. It was sweet of him, but also annoying. I hadn't finished up the things I like to get done and had to coach him on what to say to the potential student. We finished and then left the school.

We got tonight's dinner from the grocery store. We had tempura and gyoza. It was okay, not great. I didn't really like the gyoza, and the reheated tempura was quite greasy.

And that's about it for me. It was a quiet evening. F went to bed a while ago but isn't sleeping. He's tossing and turning. I should probably get to bed soon. I swore I'd be earlier tonight. I've turned into a real night owl. Sigh.

Night!

No comments: