August 23, 2009 - Sunday

Hot and sunny, with rain at night.

Got up early this afternoon and got dressed. Hubby was on the couch watching telly. He wasn't dressed, and didn't get dressed for a while!

We went out to lunch to Moku-Moku and we both had cold pasta. Mine was quite good, I had tuna and tomato. We also had salad and drink bar with it.

We went shopping in the afternoon. I got a few things at Uniqlo. Hubby was a trooper today. He actually helped me find things for my nephew rather than peering over my shoulder. I got my niece something too. And, of course, hubby got something. We got him some room wear...basically pyjamas, and he got some socks for himself. I checked out the nearby 100 yen shop and picked up a few things. My favourite so far is a chain for my glasses. In my classes I'm constantly taking them off and putting them down, this way, I can just take them off. I also got myself a new pair of chopsticks, since one of my favourite pair has disappeared. I have others, but they are smooth on the ends and if the food that I want to pick up is at all slippery, I can't do it. I'm still refining my chopstick technique!

It was after 4 by the time we finished and I thought it was time for karaoke, but F had other ideas. He wanted to go for a drive along the beach and then have coffee. So, we did that. We drove along the ocean. There were a few people in the water. He wanted to stop and go and have a closer look, but today I'd worn my brand new, expensive shoes and I didn't want to wreck them on their first day out. Still, they were comfortable. We stopped in at Cafe Rivage and had drinks and desserts. I had a Chinese version of kakigori. It was very nice. Not sweet, and not too cold either. After I ordered it I worried about my teeth getting too cold, but they were fine!

Next up, karaoke? NO. We were nearish the big mall, so F decided to go there. I went to Uniqlo again, to see if they had the one thing that I went to the other one for. They did...just. They had one left in the size I needed. Ack. I got it, and a couple of others. F got himself a new shirt too. I wanted him to try it on, but he wouldn't. Silly guy...it's made out of flannel and he might not be able to wear it after he washes it!

Now karaoke? Nope, dinner. We went to a restaurant we went to once before. It was okay tonight. I spent most of the night looking at F's neck. He was engrossed in the TV program. Bleck. I hate that. He also announced that he wasn't feeling well and basically let me know that karaoke wasn't something he wanted to do anymore. He would have gone if I'd pushed it, but I was tired and disappointed so said no. It's not fun if both of us don't want to be there.

We came home, I thought to watch a movie, but instead I was treated to craptastic Japanese TV all night. Then he put on Ooops which I didn't really watch, and then some stupid police car crash thing. I HATE THAT KIND OF SHOW. I did protest, but I wasn't really listened to. Sigh. I didn't want to cause a fight so I didn't push it. I just stayed at my computer and ignored it as best as I could.

And that's it. Bookmooch is finally working again, so I put some more books on my list. A few of them are on people's wishlists. It's fun to be able to make other people happy by giving away my books. I really should add more books.

Gotta go! Night.

No comments: