August 30, 2009 - Sunday

Muggy and warm. Good day though.

We had a nice day today. F got up early to vote and take his mother to the shops, then he came back here and vegged until I got up for keeps.

We had soba for lunch and I ate a lot. Didn't think I was that hungry, but apparently I was!

We went to karaoke this afternoon, but not to our usual place. We went to the nicer place near our grocery store. It wasn't too bad money wise, but F got us just the one drink service and I wanted drink bar. Gah. Still, he's the one that guzzles the drinks so it doesn't really matter! I sang a bunch of songs and I think I actually nailed some of them today. I did "And All That Jazz" from the movie Chicago and it sounded pretty good. I didn't go for the gusto until the end...and I did "Never Surrender" by Corey today too. Lately, I've been losing it when I sing. A bunch of my favourite songs can just make me cry and I'm not sure why!

We came home for a while after karaoke and just vegged. Finally we went for a late dinner. It wasn't my idea to go so late, it just happened. F wanted to go for Thai food, but the place was closed, so we ended up at an izakaya. We had quite a nice meal. I had some of my favourites, eggplant and cheese yaki, nankotsu and gyoza made with chicken skin. We had a real mix of food.

On the way home we went to the grocery store and picked up a few things for home. Most of it was for my hubby, not me. At home he watched some wrestling or judo. I can't tell the difference and I don't care either! I listened to CBC radio podcasts. Yay!

That's it. I'm really late writing this today, which is why it isn't very fancy, just the facts mam! Night.

No comments: