April 25, 2011

Monday - Rainy with thunderstorms.

Not a great day. I got up a little late, but no big deal. I had a quiet, nice day by myself. I planned to go out, but when I did the weather got nasty so I never did. I read the newspaper during the day and did a bit of maintenance around the apartment. I cleaned the kitchen sink, including the drain thing, and cut up all of the milk cartons. Yay for me.

F called to say he was coming home and that he’d like to go out for dinner right away. Hmm? We were cooking at home tonight. After I got off the phone I started washing the salad and then when he came home I reminded him he was going to cook the daikon. He started doing it immediately. He had a meeting that he was supposed to go to at 7 but couldn’t he have changed into his casual clothes before starting to prepare it? He proceeded to use both burners on the stove, when he should have realised that I needed one. He was taking far too long doing his cooking and I couldn’t set the table as he was blocking my way. Things went downhill from there and he turned off his daikon and stormed off. Again.

I waited to eat until he came back after his meeting, but he refused to eat anything I made. I cooked enough chicken for myself and will probably eat the remainder for my lunch tomorrow. I ate quite a bit of the salad and enjoyed it. I ate at the table, reading my latest novel (Thanks Trish!) and then did the dishes.

F watched boxing or fighting or whatever the hell it was for far too long, then shut himself in the bedroom. He came out later and did something on his computer. I was watching Elizabeth -The Golden Age or whatever it was so I didn’t care.

And that’s where we left off. I never did go out today. I had planned to, but the weather was bad and then F wasn’t talking to me. Same old, same old.

Anyway, I have a full day at my school tomorrow, so I’ll be out of here for most of the day. Don’t really mind too much. Got to go. Night!

No comments: