June 24, 2011

Friday - Rainy, then clearing late in the day.

This morning, I wasn’t woken by the earthquake alarm, just my husband and the telephone. Sigh. Someone called us and he spent the next 10 minutes running around like a headless chicken trying to find things in his mess!

After F left for work, I got up. And stayed up. I couldn’t believe it either! I watched foreign news and then after a bit a movie I’d taped last night.

During the day I didn’t do too much, just took things easy again. I couldn’t go out as the rain was really bad. In the morning we had warnings for mudslides and heavy rain. The wind was also really strong today. I was half convinced we were having a typhoon, but I don’t think we were.

When F came home, I got dinner underway. I made breadcrumbs, then cut up our eggplants. I dipped the slices in egg and then the breadcrumbs, and then panfried them. They came out quite well, except for the few that I didn’t cook quite enough. We also had salad, celery sticks, and ginger pork. It was all quite good and F approved of the eggplant. He was quite dubious at first.

He did the dishes and then we had a quiet evening at home. Around 10 I went over to the couch and did some crochet while I watched Glee and then Desperate Housewives. F made us some tea, which was lovely.

That’s about it. At midnight I put away my crochet and then came back to my computer. We had another earthquake warning around midnight, but we didn’t feel anything here. I hope that they die down again. I’m getting tired of the warnings. I hope the quakes stop soon. Talk to you tomorrow…night!

No comments: