July 13, 2011

Wednesday - Hot and sunny.

A good day. I got up this morning and watched TV for a while. Carrie, a movie from 1952, was on and it was quite engrossing. It had Jennifer Jones and Laurence Olivier in it, so the acting was good, and the story was quite interesting. F came home while I was watching it, to pick something up. He didn’t stay very long though.

I had a quiet day at home and relaxed for most of it. I watched Sex and the City 2 over the course of the day and am glad that I didn’t have to fork over any money to watch it in a theatre. There were flashes when it did have something to say, but then it was ruined by the stereotypes of the Arabic characters. I’m not sure if they missed any.

I made a quick trip to the post office just before 5 pm to mail off a postcard and an envelope. No bid deal.

F was home fairly early tonight. We spent a bit of time together and then went out to Aki for dinner. We had okonomiyaki and it was really nice tonight.

We made a quick trip to the drugstore to pick up some cool towels for our necks and to get a few other things. Then, we hit up the grocery store on the way home.

At home, we vegged for a while before putting on a movie called Lovely, Still. I watched it all, but F went to bed on it. It was about a romance between two older people and was quite charming.

I’ve also been reading a bit. I wish I could report that it was a really good book that I’m reading, but it isn’t really. It’s The Host by Stephenie Meyer, of Twilight infamy. It is better than Twilight, at least so far, but I wouldn’t call it great.

Anyway, tomorrow I have a busy day. I’m hoping to get my hair cut, then I have an evening class, so I will have a lot of bike riding to do in this heat. So not looking forward to that! Oh well. I have to go. Talk to you tomorrow night? Later.

No comments: