July 14, 2011

-Happy Bastille Day!-
Thursday - Hot and sunny, cloudy in the late afternoon
A good day. I got up this morning, bathed in sweat as usual. Yuck.  I did some of my computer things and then took a shower and did a load of laundry too.  

In the afternoon, I went out around 2:30 and went to S-Mall for lunch.  I had tuna and mushroom cream sauce pasta and it was very nice.  I was quite impressed actually. 

After I ate, I walked over to my hairdresser and got my hair cut.  Today, for your viewing pleasure, I have before and after pictures for you!  In a way, the before looks better, but the light at night is quite different.  The after FEELS better, believe me on that!  


Posted by Picasa
I said goodbye and then walked back to the mall, picked up my bike, and rode off to my school. It was very hot in there, but I had lots of time to cool things down.  

I prepped a lesson for my Saturday student, the one that is starting a new text, and then read some of my magazine.  My time was very enjoyable.  

My student came on time and we had a good class.  We have are talking about superstitions in this unit and it’s giving us a lot to talk about.  I’m enjoying it, and I hope my student is too.

After class, I cleaned up, did paperwork and then called F.  He picked me up and we went to New York, New York for a quick and cheerful dinner.  After that, we visited the grocery store for tomorrow’s dinner and then came home.

I watched Royal Pains and did a little crocheting.  I drank some iced tea and ate some of F’s fried garlic soba.  Some of the restaurants here fry up their unused soba and then sell it as a snack. It’s really good!  The garlic one is my favourite.  

And, that’s my day really.  It was good.  I’m so glad I did go and get my hair cut today. I was getting so annoyed by it.  Talk to you tomorrow?  Night!

6 comments:

Rosa said...

the cut is really cute on you! i'm a big fan of short, sporty haircuts--even though i have longlong hair.

Helen said...

Thank you! The only times I've had my hair long were just before University grad and before my wedding. I was so glad to be able to get it cut afterwards!

Thanks for visiting!

The Purple Room said...

Nice haircut Helen, it looks really good on you!

Helen said...

Thank you! :-)

Sherry said...

looks good. I've been wanting to get mine cut really short, but haven't. So I keep it just long enough that I can still pull it all up and away from my face and neck.

Helen said...

Thanks Sherry! For me, yours would still be too long! I've never been able to put my hair up, I can't be bothered to grow it that long!