July 17, 2011

Sunday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

When I went to bed last night, it was morning. There was daylight outside. Oh dear. I did sleep a little late to make up for it. I woke up once around 10 am when F dropped something in the kitchen, but I didn’t get up to stay until a bit after 11, when some idiot outside parked his car under my window and left the motor running.

We had a long and languorous early afternoon at home. We ate English muffins, drank coffee (well, F did) and just relaxed. We went out around 3 for brunch! We went to Kintaro Sushi and it was okay. I wasn’t in the mood for sushi to be honest and so didn’t have that much to eat.

We drove out to the mall after our meal. At the mall we had a drink and then wandered around the mall looking for nice postcards for me. I finally found some that I liked in Aeon Jusco. They were still a bit expensive, but cute at least.

We decided to have a quick bite before the movie, so F and I went to one of the food courts. He had yakisoba and okonomiyaki, I had French fries and chicken. Mine was okay, but it wasn’t really a meal. His was quite good.

After that, we went into the theatre to get our popcorn and go to the movie. We got to our seats just as the previews were starting. After that, it was 2 hours dedicated to one Mr. Harry Potter and his friends. I really loved the film. I think they got in most of the important bits from the book and gave many of the fabulous British actors in the series a “scene”. Emma Thompson was only in for a blink-and-you’ll-miss-her bit though. We sat in our seats through the final credits hoping for a little goodie or something at the end of the film, but there wasn’t one at all. Sigh.

We came home via a convenience store for a couple of drinks and then F had a long nap. He’s now sleeping on the couch. He’s really out of it I think. Poor guy!

Tomorrow we don’t have any plans, so I hope that we’ll manage to have a good day. It’s Marine Day, but I don’t know if there’s any traditions that we have to follow tomorrow. Got to go. Night!

No comments: