October 17, 2011

Monday - Cloudy and rainy

A busy day.

I slept a little late this morning, but I did have things to do so I got up. Yay me. After checking email, making the bed and getting dressed, I started on dinner and on laundry. I did three loads of laundry and made a stew, so not bad really. It took a long time to make my stew as I had to cut all the veggies.

I put the stew ingredients in my slow cooker for a change. It was the first time that I used it since the earthquake. There were so many aftershocks after March 11th that I was worried about going away and leaving it alone. I was home all day today, but I hadn’t originally planned to be.

I watched or rewatched some of the TV from the weekend. I saw all of Project Runway. They’ve moved to an hour format on the ones we see and it isn’t enough time really. We aren’t getting to see many of the designers, and of course, there isn’t enough of Tim Gunn!

When F came home this evening he was greeted by 3 postcards, 2 of which were Postcrossing ones. Yay. He was happy. He got one from Japan and one from Finland today.

I got dinner revved up. I had to thicken the stew a bit, so I did that and then I washed the lettuce and made the couscous. I served the stew in a bed of couscous, with salad separately. It was good. I really enjoyed it, and F said he did too.

F did the dishes and then we had a quiet evening in. At 11 I watched Rizzoli and Isles, which I’m starting to like. I’m not sure if it’s gelling or not. Nice to see women as the lead of the shows.

And that’s about it for my day. Oh, before I forget, I’ll be away for a night, visiting an old friend, so don’t miss me too much. Got to go. Night!

No comments: