October 20, 2011

Thursday - Warm and sunny

A good day. F was off work today, and was up when my alarms went off. However, he was gone when I actually got up. I got up, checked email, watched TV and then took a shower before he came home again.

We vegged for a bit and then went out for lunch. As usual when the two of us go to eat somewhere, we couldn’t agree. His first suggestion was the not great place in the mall, but as there’s only one dish I don’t mind ordering, I didn’t want to go there. We tried to go to my choice in one of the hotels, but they weren’t having their regular menu today. We went to another hotel known for cheapo lunches, and it looked promising. The sign in the annex and the elevator said today’s special was fried chicken. However, we got there and discovered after we sat down that they didn’t have it today, and only had two choices for lunch. We had a choice of fried oysters or a pork/beef hamburger. Blech. We were already sitting when they laid this bombshell on us, so we had one of each. The meal was okay, just not great.

We mailed something at the post office and then came home for a while. We didn’t have any plans, and F’s meeting had been cancelled. We watched American Idol on tape and then on the TV too. Yes, we are that strange.

F drove me to work and dropped me off. I got changed and after my student came, we had a good lesson. She told me about her volunteer efforts this week, I talked quickly about my trip yesterday. Then, down to the serious business of teaching English.

After class, I read newspapers, did paperwork, and generally cleaned up. F called me for a change and then picked me up.

We went to Cocos for dinner and had the same thing, with slightly different sides. We had the Chicken Grill Genovase with either bread or salad, plus the drink bar. It was good.

After that, we made a quick tour of the grocery store and then came home. We watched Drop Dead Diva and then Come Fly With Me. Well, I did anyway! F is above that sort of thing.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. I’m off work, but F works and has a drinking party with ex-coworkers after he finishes work. That means I get quite a lot of time by myself. I’m rather excited about the whole thing! I’m sure he’ll spoil it by drunk dialling at some point, but it could be fun.

That’s it for now. Night.

No comments: