October 25, 2011

Tuesday - Rainy

A good day. I got up this morning to a world that was a little bit darker. It was rainy today. Sadly the rain didn’t go away at all.

I had a quiet day at home in the morning. I watched a bit of TV, had a nice brunch…avocado and wasabi on English muffins, then got myself ready to go out. It was haircut time.

It was miserable outside, but I really wanted to get my hair cut and I’d booked the time with my hairdresser so didn’t want to stand her up. I biked off to the shop and made fairly good time. I got quite a lot taken off. My hair seems to grow so fast.

After I was finished, I went over to S-Mall to wait for F. It was raining hard and was getting dark so riding home on my bicycle wasn’t a pleasant prospect. I could do it, I’d just rather not. I visited a couple of shops and then had an iced tea at Doutors while I tried to work on my next movie column. It didn’t go that well. I sent F a text asking him to meet me when he finished and he called me back. I couldn’t hear him basically, but asked him to come and get me.

When he came to the mall, I got him to help me put my old glasses in to be repaired again. This time it is the nosepiece that fell off. They’re so expensive to fix, the man in the store was trying to convince me to buy another pair of glasses, but the sad thing is, I already have another pair of glasses and I don’t like them. The new ones I got this year are fine for close work, and computer work, but if I’m walking across the room, or looking across the room they give me sore eyes.

We came home and after a few minutes I started cooking. F took a nap. I cooked some broccoli and fried some basil chicken from the grocery store. I also made some cheese sauce for the broccoli. I’ve maybe done that once before when I was a teen, so it’s been a long time. I didn’t have any real cheese, so I used some cheese slices, cheese squares and a little bit of parmesan from the fridge. I was surprised at how good it was. I used a couple of smoked cheese squares and they gave the sauce a nice smoky flavour. F came out and we had dinner. Most of it disappeared! There’s some leftover broccoli and a little cheese sauce left, but everything else is gone.

F did dishes and we spent the evening watching more of The X-Factor. It’s okay, but I wish they’d just get on with the choosing of the people and not drag it out.

That’s about it for my day. Oh…wait…so…I always rave about my hairdresser and today is no exception. She did a fabulous job on my weird hair! I have before and after pictures of my hair for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!



Tomorrow I hope the weather clears a bit so I can run an errand in the afternoon. I should also start packing a bit for my weekend and perhaps write a bit of that blasted column! Night.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Your hair looks nice. I like it

Helen said...

Thank you!

The Purple Room said...

Wow! Your hair does grow fast, it seems like just yesterday I was complimenting you on your haircut.
It looks great!

Helen said...

Thanks :-)

So much easier to take care of again.