October 24, 2011

Monday - Cloudy and a bit rainy

A good day. I woke up this morning a little late, but not too bad, got up and started my day. I vegged for a while, but then finally got dressed and made the bed.

In the afternoon I took my postcard to the post office, along with some coins to deposit in my account. It took a long time as the man was working alone there, and he was busy with other things. The one thing I didn’t like much was that the older guy that works there was chatting to someone behind a screen. Now, I suppose it probably was a customer, but the post office guy was very loud, so it was obvious there was someone else there. Sigh. Another customer and I gave each other the sort of look that one does when you have to wait for no good reason!

I had planned to go shopping after the post office, but a look at the sky told me that it wasn’t a great idea. I asked F to take me later on.

When I came home I changed into some “cleaning” type clothes and did a bit of home maintenance. I don’t often feel like it so it is better to go with it when it happens! I cleaned part of the genkan and then I vacuumed most of the apartment. I also did some of the filters on the electronics along the way. Yay me. When I finished I was a sweaty mess, so I took a shower. F came home just as I finished.

He changed from work and then headed into the kitchen to make himself some noodles. I wouldn’t let him, as I wanted to eat soon. He wasn’t happy, but then when I suggested going out right away, was fine.

We had a quick dinner at Kappasushi. I like some of their interesting sushi dishes very much, others I’m not a big fan. Tonight I liked the salmon cheese one. Basically, smoked salmon mixed with cream cheese. Yum.

We left the restaurant and headed for the drug store. We bought a few things there, and went to the grocery store. I’m going to make dinner tomorrow night so needed supplies. We’re going to have chicken again.

We came home and watched a lot of The X-Factor. We watched this afternoon’s episode and tonight’s too. It was okay.

That’s about it for me. I really had a quiet day for the most part. Tomorrow I am finally going to go out and get my hair cut. At least that’s the plan for now. Wish me luck with that! Night!

No comments: