October 27, 2011

Thursday - Gloriously sunny and a beautiful day

A good day. I went to bed a little early last night and was able to get up a little earlier than I have been today.Yay. Not going to happen tonight as I’m much later than usual already!

I had a busy morning. I checked email and the things I have to do, then I showered and then sauteed a lot of my veggies from last night before putting them in my slow cooker. I set it to low and let it do its thing.

I left for work a little late today, but made good time. I set up the school as quickly as I could and got ready too. My student was on time and we had a good lesson. She’s a very interesting person.

After her class I did a little paperwork and then made a quick trip to the drugstore for a few things I wanted, then went back to the school. I worked on my column a little and then read some of the newspapers from this last week. I’d read a couple of them already so it didn’t take all that long.

My other student came and then we had a good lesson too. We finished the vocabulary section finally, and also a lot of the usage today. Hurray.

After she left, I did a quick clean up, and even washed the dishes. I won’t have time on Saturday so will have to leave them. I’ll try to rinse them of course, but must rush out to catch my bus.

I called F to see if he would pick me up. He said he would and did a few minutes later. On the way home we stopped at the grocery store for some French bread and some gyoza.

At home, I put the finishing touches on my soup. I ran some of the veggies through the blender, but it stopped working halfway through that. Oh dear. Did I break it? I added a bit of milk, put some in our bowls and topped with grated cheese and a little bacon that F had cooked up for me before he did the gyoza. We had the soup with French bread and butter and gyoza, and it was lovely. I had seconds on the soup, F didn’t, but he’s trying to diet right now I think.

F did the dishes, which I really appreciated and I checked on all of the things I didn’t get to do earlier. We had a mostly quiet night, except F started watching old shows on the DVR and they had earthquake alerts on them. Talk about freaking me out.

Well, that’s it for me for tonight. I’ll likely update tomorrow, but I will have to either keep it short or I’ll start early. Wish me luck with that! Night.

No comments: