Postcrossing Cards - Incoming

October 28, 2011

I've had a good week with receiving postcards. I even got a couple today.

The first ones have autumn colours. Quite interesting.

This one is the Grand Canyon, a mule trail. It's not a usual view of the Canyon and I like it all the more for that.

From Finland comes a card with an interesting saying on it. My Finnish isn't good, so the sender included a translation. It means something like,"A day without quarrel gives you a peaceful night." I wonder if she's been reading my blog for a while!
The next two cards arrived today. The first is from Lithuania. The sender writes that she likes her country for the wonderful nature, of which the card is a beautiful example.
My last card comes from Cologne, Germany. It shows many locks. Apparently, when a couple is in love, they go to the bridge, put a padlock on the fence and throw the key into the water. This will ensure their love will last forever. I love this story!
I'm hoping to buy a few new postcards when I'm in Sendai this weekend. I wonder where they'll end up going.

No comments: