December 13, 2011

Tuesday - Cool but sunny

A good day. I got up this morning a little early so I was quite happy with myself. I watched the repeat of Criminal Minds-Red Cell and then showered… usual stuff this morning.

I cooked myself some lunch and then headed off to work right on time. My school was fairly warm when I got there thanks to setting the heater. I had a few minutes to get ready so I did the usual things.

My student came and we had a good class. I won’t be seeing her until next year now. That’s a little sad.

In my break between classes I did my paperwork and also worked on finally cleaning off the tape gunk that F left on my window frames a couple of years ago. He was supposed to clean it, but that’ll never happen! I didn’t finish as the remover had a strong smell and I still had one more class to teach. I didn’t want to leave the window open all night.

My student came on time today. I haven’t seen her for ages. Sadly though, she wasn’t feeling well and asked if she could leave after a few minutes. Of course, she needed to take care of herself so I let her go. I was sad that she couldn’t stay, but a conversation class is no fun with a sore throat…been there, done that.

After a while I was just finishing up and thinking about calling F when he called me. I asked him to pick me up and we went off to dinner. Tonight we went to Fireball and had a lovely meal. Well, I did! F wasn’t too hungry, so he had an antipasto dish and I had chicken and eggplant pasta in a spicy Japanese sauce. It was lovely. I did share the pasta with F as he was still a little hungry.

We came home via the grocery store, and bought fixings for a nabe. Tomorrow night we’ll have a chicken nabe with a bought soup mix. I think it’ll be nice.

We had a quiet evening in and didn’t even watch TV until I put on the new episode of Criminal Mind-Red Cell. It was okay.

That’s really about all that happened today. Oh, I did get my third Christmas card today and I’m going to send out a Postcrossing tomorrow afternoon I hope. This one will go off to Germany. Woot. And…goodnight!

2 comments:

Perogyo said...

I'd like to send you a Christmas card but can't find your address! Could you send it to me, please?

I've never had chicken nabe. What kind of mix do you use with it?

Helen said...

Should I FB it to you? Probably the easiest way.

We used Shiro-e-torigara soup--bejinn nabe? Hubby said it was "beautiful lady" nabe! Basically chicken bone white soup nabe...with a pack of veggies from the grocery store and some chicken too. It was nice. One of the pre-made nabe liquids you can get. It was nice!