Postcrossing - Incoming

March so far...
It's hard to believe that it is past the middle of March already and I haven't updated my Postcards for a while.  I've had quite a busy month so far, with a trip right at the start of the month that has left me scrambling to get things done.

In any case, I'm here now, and so are the cards I've received. I got some interesting ones.



First up is this one from South Korea. Jinee wrote a bit about the stamps on the back, but not the location of this card.  It is an interesting picture and I quite like it.  I wish I knew where it was!



 Angelique from the Netherlands sent this lovely floral card.  She writes that her favourite movies are Moulin Rouge and Pirates of the Caribbean.  She loves Ewan McGregor and Johnny Depp.



This interesting card comes all the way from Ireland.  Elena didn't say much on the card, just that she thought I'd enjoy it.  I do like black and white photos, so she was right.



Sleepless Nights, 1940's by Ralph Bartholomew, Jr
And, from Nagoya, Japan comes this cool vintage card, with a gorgeous Kabuki stamp on the back.  Paper tells me that her parents are from my prefecture...a neat coincidence.  



Karinas from Indonesia sent me this card featuring 2 Legong dancers.  This dance is usually done by very young dancers, and many of them retire when they are 18.

It is a beautiful card. I wish I had more information about the sender though.



Well, there you have it.  Another 5 gorgeous cards.  Hopefully there will be something exciting in my mailbox soon! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i especially like that card from Nagoya. i don't receive too many cards from asia :(

baki

Helen said...

Hi baki! I've just started to get more cards from Asia. At first, I got a lot from the US and the Netherlands. I'd like to get more for the Southern Hemisphere.

Just keep sending cards! It is fun isn't it?

Thanks for commenting.