April 17, 2012

Tuesday - Sunny with a little rain in the evening

A good day. I overslept this morning by a lot but got up finally. I watched a little TV, planned my outfit for the evening, no big deal really.

I made the chicken I cooked yesterday into chicken salad and put it in the fridge to let the flavours blend.

In the evening, I set the table and got things ready for F to come and eat when he got home. We had a quick and yummy dinner of chicken salad sandwiches and cup soup. We both got dressed and off we went. Even though we were quite early it was difficult to find a parking space but we did. F let me out of the car to park properly as he parked along a hedge.

We went to the Bunko-kaikan and the first person F saw was his aunt. His aunt that he doesn’t talk to anymore. Yikes. We went in, but went to another ticket taker so we didn’t have to see her. I saw my student, the one that gave me the tickets and thanked her. We only had time for a few words before F whisked me off to find seats.

Now, about those seats…the hall was built about 40 years ago. Japanese people were obviously very petite 40 years ago. I was too for that matter! Now, not so much. The hall was hot, but luckily I had brought my folding fan. The seat was very narrow but there wasn’t much I could do about that. Sigh. Not only were the seats too narrow, but they were too close together. When F sat next to me it was too close to be honest! We were lucky enough to have an empty seat on the other side of him so he moved over. It was better for his back too.

The concert was great. The pianist was a young man called Miyuji Kaneko and he’s the product of an “international couple”. His mother is Hungarian. He played music by Bartok, Liszt, Chopin and Beethoven. I’m not a classical music fan generally, but I enjoyed this. F did too.

After the concert, F and I got into the line to get an autograph, then F decided we should get his cd to have him sign it. I bought it, but when I tried to open it I got help! The lady in front of me grabbed it, then my student came over to help. F was getting his pocket knife out when my student managed to get the plastic off. Yay. We had a brief meeting with the musician and he spoke English to me…good English! F said he was glad the musician spoke English and he said it was because his parents were English teachers!

F was peckish after the show so we went to Cocos. We ended up sharing two small pizzas and having the drink bar. It was nice.

We came home and I watched Criminal Minds and then Medium. F watched the latter with me. I think he likes the show more than he lets on.

And really, that is it. We had a good evening together. Tomorrow I don’t really have any plans, but I should do laundry. Wish me luck with that! Night.

No comments: