April 19, 2012


Thursday - Sunny and warm.  Gorgeous day!

I woke up early today.  F had left for work and left his alarm clock switched on.  Sigh. I hit the snooze button and it woke me up 5 minutes later.  I switched it off, and slept on until my wake up time. I got up on time and showered quite soon afterwards.

I had a quiet morning on my computer and even found time to have a snack.  At 12 I made my brunch and then headed off to work.

I got ready at my school.  I still had to heat the apartment up a little bit, but it wasn’t too bad.  I put on the water pot on, did a little dusting and got ready for class.  My student was a little late, but we had a good class, one of the better ones we’ve had I think. 

After her class I read the newspaper, planned a lesson, did some other reading and called it a day.  I shut everything down and went off towards home on my bike.

I stopped at the drugstore for my anti-cold medicine and then at the craft store to have a snoop around.  I love the wools and I’m sorely tempted sometimes to buy something, but I haven’t finished my afghan yet and I have a project in mind after that.  So, unless something comes up that I should work on, I shouldn’t buy anything new.  Right?  Right.  

I arrived home about 15 minutes before F did.  He made ramen for himself and then fell asleep on the couch. It made watching Project Runway quieter so I didn’t mind that much.  After it finished I woke F up and reminded him that he was cooking dinner tonight!  He made shabu-shabu and it was nice.  I didn’t think it would be as good as it was! 

I did the dishes and then we settled in for the night.  He watched a bit of ice-skating before Lipstick Jungle.  Today was quite a good episode and I enjoyed it.  It’s such a silly show, but it’s fun.  At 11 I watched Royal Pains again and thought it was silly but fun.  I like the cast of the show.  I went over to the couch to do some crochet and got my two rows done.  I’m going to have to start thinking about edging soon.  Either that or no edging and make it longer.  Decisions, decisions!

And that’s my day.  It was pretty good.  Tomorrow I might have lunch with DH if he remembers, and perhaps I’ll go shopping or something.  Tune in tomorrow and see what I do with myself.  Night!

2 comments:

Rosa said...

You are so disciplined when it comes to collecting craft materials! I almost always buy buy buy even if I don't have a use for it because I'm always sure I'll find a use for it! (Even if I never do...sigh.)

Helen said...

Thanks! I try to be. I've heard about women who collect so much wool they have to rent space for it, and I just can't do that!

I do have a ton of rubber stamps that I don't use anymore (no space or time :-( so I do have a bunch of craft stuff that I never use.

Thanks for commenting!