June 27, 2012


Wednesday - Hot and sunny

A pretty good day.

I got up early as I had made an effort to go to bed earlier last night.  Funny how that works.  I watched SATC and fortunately got dressed and made the bed before it came on.  F called me before 12 and asked if I’d like to have lunch. Woo-hoo!  Lunch with my guy.  Count me in.

He picked me up and we went to the local Chinese place that he likes.  He had ramen and I did not!  I had a pork stirfry thing that came with gyoza and soup. It was fine.  He dropped me off after lunch again.  So nice.  I’m glad he did as the sun was so strong I would have burned to a crisp if I’d walked it. 

At home I wrote some postcards then sealed the box with my niece’s present.  After scanning the postcards I was sending, I took my mail to the post office.  There was new staff in the branch, but happily they seemed to know what they were doing.  I sent off the box to my niece and some postcards and a birthday card.  Whew.

Came back to the apartment.  F called to say he was maybe coming home, but actually didn’t come back for a while.  He arrived around 6 and then we went out.  We had decided to buy some drinking glasses this week.  Now, I assumed that we would go to the hundred yen shop for them as we had discussed, but F had a different idea.  He took us to a home decorating store first.  Glasses were great, but expensive.  Then we tried a recycle shop, but they didn’t have anything we wanted.  We were going to S-Mall, when I suggested another place on the way.  We found what F wanted.  You note I didn’t say what I wanted.  We ended up with 4 bog-standard plain tall glasses.  I estimate they’ll all be broken by F by Christmas anyway.  F has this funny idea that the only way to clean a glass is to ram his entire hand inside it.  His hand is big, the glass is not. 

Anyhoo, we came home and I got started on dinner.  It was reasonably simple but turned out nicely.  We had some lettuce, some “fruit” tomatoes and I made some zucchini sticks out of half of the zucchini.  The other half I sliced thinly and sauteed in some olive oil.  We had a couple of basil sausages each too.  Everything was nice and we enjoyed our dinner.  Yay.

F had to run an errand, so I gave him a pass on the dishes.  I did them tonight.  

We watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight and it was great.  I have to say I am so enjoying seeing HP like this again! I just wish I wasn’t forgetting to watch the earlier-in-the-day movie! 

F went to bed around midnight and I stayed up doing some research. I have mostly written my Area’s report, save a bit of tweaking, and I finally have a direction for my column.  Hurray for that. Nothing like leaving it to the last week.

I think I’m done.  Tomorrow I have to write the column. I’ve promised myself if I finish it tomorrow I can goof off on Friday.  Wish me luck with that.  Night.

No comments: