November 25, 2012


Sunday - Clear and sunny

A good day.

I slept in quite late, later than I meant to. C’est la vie!  Next week I won’t get to sleep in at all, so I’m saving up for that!  My story, sticking!

We had a nice lunch in Kintaro Sushi, then came home for a few minutes.  After that, we visited the Chido Museum.  F’s membership is coming in quite useful this year.  Whenever we’re stuck for something to do on a Sunday, the Museum usually has something to see.  Today’s exhibit was all about lights!  Well, lanterns and candles to be specific.  Their display was all about the different ways Tsuruoka area people used to light their homes and businesses.  It was really interesting.  F apologised to me afterwards as he didn’t think I’d be interested, but I love looking at things that people really used, real life things.  There are only so many fancy china sets or “good” sofas that I can look at in a day, but seeing the evolution of lighting was really interesting.

We went for coffee after the museum, or actually tea.  F took me to a coffee shop near his house.  The lady who ran it might have been in her 80’s, but the shop itself was quite interesting.  Of course, F told me that he’d previously brought a woman there to do omiai so I wasn’t too happy.  He got quite morose about it too.  It was forced on him at the time.  I tried to cheer him up by reminding him that if it had worked, WE wouldn’t be together, but there was no cheering him up!  

We went to the Farmer’s Market today too. I got some more apples. I’m going to try my apple crumble again. I know I can make it work!  After that, we visited Yamaya for some munchies. I wanted to see if they’d put out Christmas stuff yet.  Not really, although they did have some fruit cake!

We went for dinner to Pacific Airy Heights and had a nice dinner.  We both had the same, pork steak.  It was good and the owner comped us a drink each.  

After that, we came home.  We were planning to watch TV and do postcrossings, but F took a nap. I did too for a few minutes, but got cold and woke up.  I did about 3 cards tonight, maybe I’ll do another one or two in the morning.  And, I got a Bookmooch.  Woot!  It’s for a book that there’s been a lot of interest in, and I hated.  This person that mooched it is in the US, has sent quite a few books overseas and said that she tries to find the book locally before mooching overseas.  That basically ticks all of my boxes, so I don’t mind sending it to her.

F got up around 11 and took a shower.  He stayed up for a while, but has finally gone to bed.  Good for him!  I should go too, but I’ve got a couple of things left to do before I sleep.  

That’s it for me.  Night!

2 comments:

Rosa said...

I was, just today, trying to explain to a friend about omiai. Sounds so strange to Western brains in some way. Poor F! Can you imagine being in that position?

Helen said...

Not really.

I'm not sure enough about the whole process to really have an opinion on it. I know that it was forced on him....twice actually. There's a lot of family crap that went on at the time that even I don't know the whole story about.

Thanks for visiting!