Postcrossing - Incoming

To November 20th, 2012

Here are the cards that I received up to November 20th.  There are some very cool cards, and one not so cool card.  Anyway, this is a chance for you to have a little look at the great cards that I have received lately.  They come from all over, Europe, Asia and the US.  Remember that if you'd like to see them a bit larger, just click on the photos.  Comments welcome below.



The first card comes from Germany, and it's the first of two cards in this entry from Germany. I rather like this one!

Antje writes that she lives in a small village in Germany that is well-known for growing roses.  She also says that this is her first card to Japan.
I like how the house looks a little like a face, with the icicles as a fringe!  My first apartment in Japan had icicles like that in winter, only I think they were longer. 

 Anu sent this gorgeous "house" from India.  She writes that she hopes I like this  beautiful palace from her country.
City Palace, Udaipur: Rajasthan, India
I do, the card is very beautiful.  I would love to see inside it!

This card is from the US.

The green at the bottom is from my scanning. I didn't crop the card as well as usual.

I love this card!  Casablanca is one of my most favourite movies ever.  I was thrilled to receive it.  My only beef is that the portrait of Ingrid Bergman doesn't really look like Ingrid Bergman!  But I love it anyway!

Amber from Taiwan writes that it is still very hot in November.  She lives and works in a small town which is well known for one of its Temples and the delicious local foods.  

She was also nice enough to write me back and suggest a few places to visit in Taiwan when we go there next year.
Casablanca
 She wins the prize for the most gorgeous stamps this week too!
I love the one of the aliens from Toy Story!  I bought my nephew a t-shirt with them on it from Disneyland in Tokyo (and then had a friend buy a replacement for him when it was stolen a few years ago!)  

When I first pulled this card out of my mailbox, I thought that it was a Barbarella card.  It isn't though, but it is definitely a 60's photo!

Nicole from Germany writes that she hopes I'll like this retro card, it's one of her favourites.  She asks me if I like my life in Japan (most of the time-yes!) She tells me that she studied Japanese, so she can't wait to explore Japan.  She asks what are my favourite places in Japan.  I told her that I love Kyoto, for the old vibe of Japan, but I also love Tohoku and around Tsuruoka, just for the variety and unspoiled beauty.  

Central living block of the "Wohnmodell 1969" at the "Visiona" exhibition
by Bayer AG, Designed by Joe Colombo, 1969
I thought this was a very cool card!

There you are, 5 cards.  I love most of them and will display them proudly.  Which one(s) do you like?  

Until next time....which could be soon if I scan a few more cards tomorrow!


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool cards. I love the icicle fringe one too. The card from the US is probably the most boring postcard I have ever seen. It's not really something I would want to receive! haha

Helen said...

I really didn't want to receive it either! That's the self-printed one that I referred to Postcrossing Admin as it isn't really a postcard in my opinion, plus the printing isn't very clear.

Not going to say much more as I've already moaned about it before!

The icicle one is a cool card!