November 27, 2012


Tuesday - snowy, cold and rainy

A good day.  I woke up early this morning despite going to bed really late.  I got up before F did, then went back to sleep. I got up before my alarms today. I realised that I wasn’t going to fall back asleep at all.  

I looked outside and the ground was white.  Ack.  The snow didn’t last, but it is on its way.  In Hokkaido today there was a huge blizzard, and many people are without electricity.  As most of the systems in our apartment run on electricity, I really hope it doesn’t happen here.

I took a couple of photos of my afghan today and while I was doing that in the bedroom, F sneaked home.  I was very startled to see him.  I don’t think he understands that it isn’t funny to just appear!  He soon went back to work. 

I wasn’t as busy as yesterday, but I did a few things.  I wrapped the last little bits for my sister and her family and boxed everything up.  I was hoping to get them in the mail today, but F had to work late.  Oh well.

When F came home tonight, I got dinner underway fairly quickly.  It was a casual dinner, not too much work.  We had fried chicken, pasta with a porcini sauce and a salad.  It was good.  I had planned to make an apple crumble later on, but didn’t get around to it.  Maybe tomorrow?

We had a quiet evening in.  I watched a little TV and then tried to help F with a project he’s working on. Didn’t really manage it though.  I did get him to model my ripple afghan to show how big it is.  It is big enough to cover him and he’s not small!
Close up of the pattern.  I chose a dark brown, light brown and a dusky rose as my palette.

It covers a lot of our queen sized bed

Are you getting dizzy?

It's warm and snuggly, but not heavy


I did a Postcrossing blog entry and then that was about it for my day.  

I still haven’t started writing Christmas cards yet, but I did get them out today!  Yay me.  Got a lot of stuff to do before the weekend.  Gotta get on it!  Night.

2 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Your afghan is lovely. I like the colors and pattern you chose.

Helen said...

Thank you! It took a while, I started in January, but with this summer being crazy hot and LOOONG, I had to put it aside for a while.

I really enjoyed doing this one. Mindless in a way, but the ripple kept me on my toes, figuratively speaking !