Postcrossing - Incoming

To November 24, 2012

I'm back with another lovely group of postcards for your enjoyment.  These ones are from all over the world, Japan, Australia and Europe.  A lovely, interesting bunch this time.

If you'd like a close-up look, just click on the picture and it'll enlarge.



This amazingly beautiful card comes from the Netherlands.  Piet writes that he sent this card from the Hermitage Museum in Amsterdam.  He also writes that he lives in a little place in the south of the Netherlands.

The robe in the picture is a priest's.  It is so ornate that it reminds me of a kimono.

Priest's robes/Russia, early 20th century/Gold brocade
I wonder how heavy these are?


My next card comes from Japan.  Miwa sent this card to me from Tokyo.  She tells me that her hometown is Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture.  She has also been to Tsuruoka too.  She buys Yamagata food sometimes at a shop in Tokyo.  Her latest purchase was Shonai persimmons.  They are very good!  

I was thrilled to receive this Gotochi card as I collect them.  

Miwa also used some lovely stamps and had it specially stamped.  This is Nihonbashi-minami in Tokyo.

I was thrilled to receive this card!

My next card comes from Bunbury in Australia.  Jan told me that she had been married to Tom for 52 years.  Bunbury is a lovely place by the sea.  She notes that her town only has one tall building, as seen in this card's photo.  
Jan also used a lovely stamp on her card.  I think it is rather fun!
 

Bernadette sent this nature card to me from The Netherlands.  She says that she is 22 years old and works in a senior home.  She is studying to become a nurse as well.  She says that it is hard but really worth it.  She says to say hi to my students as well.  
Greetings From the Veluwe

This card comes from Finland, from Tarja.  She writes that this card shows one of the character's from Astrid Lindgren's books.  I only knew the Pippi Longstocking novels, so this was new to me.

Karlsson-on-the-roof
I don't believe that I've ever read this series.  Wikipedia tells me that it is very popular in Russia!


And now for a little bonus.  When I complained about a card I received to the Postcrossing Admin, one of the staff offered to send me a postcard.  She did, and this is it!
Berlln at Night

It is signed or stamped by the staff of Postcrossing.  I'm happy to receive it of course. Thanks for listening to me complain, even if there wasn't anything else to be done!



So, there you are.  Six lovely cards and a few of the great stamps that I received too.  Any thoughts?  Favourites?

Until next time!


6 comments:

Kelly said...

Lovely cards this time around! What is a gotochi card?

Also, I was so shocked to see the postcard from Bunbury which is about an hour's drive from where I live!
I love the stamp she used, I haven't seen those.

I love the stamps on the Japanese card. I also wonder about that long robe.. it looks like the material might be heavy.

Thanks for sharing!

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

That is very cool that Bunbury is close to where you live! I thought the stamp was really special too.

Gotochi cards are put out by the Japan Post and they feature symbols of the prefecture. You can only get them at post offices. They are shaped postcards. I wrote about them here in my blog. To see more of them, the best place is the Japan post website for Gotochi Cards.

The Postcrossing blog also featured them a few weeks ago. They are so popular. We're always getting emails from China or Taiwan asking to trade for them!

Thanks for visiting :-)

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

I like the animal card from the Netherlands. The Australian stamp is really neat too!

Helen said...

I thought that you might like the animal one! It is really pretty. I'm not sure if I have a favourite this time. The Gotochi card is really special to me, as I collect them, and also the robe is so darn beautiful.

I got lucky with stamps this time too!

Thanks for commenting!

Kelly said...

Oh awesome! I think I'm going to get some of those Gotochi cards :) thanks!