December 15, 2012


Saturday - Clear and cool

I stayed up very late last night, so when F came home this morning I mumbled hello to him and went back to sleep.  I overslept a bit, but did get showered and dressed before going to the doctor.  

Nothing much happened there.  We waited, he prodded my side a couple of times and told me to come back next week.  Do I really have to?  Waste of time I think. 

We came home again after the Doctor visit (Sadly, not “The” Doctor) and I went to bed for another sleep.  I got up in the middle, asked F about going for lunch. He didn’t answer, so I went back to bed and sleep.  

We ended up a little later at Jiro and then F dropped me off at my school.  Although my student had cancelled, I had work that I wanted to do.  I needed to do a bit of lesson planning.  I did that, and got quite a few lessons worked out. Yay for me.

F picked me up at 6:30 when I asked him to and we went to a book store and then S-Mall to do a little shopping.  I got some school supplies.  I needed a new desk calendar and a couple of schedule refills.  I got them.  We also hacked the hyakku-en shop for a couple of things and then went for dinner.  

We fought a little over where to go, but finally F suggested going to Sabai, a Thai restaurant.  I had a nice chicken dish with jasmine rice…heaven having decent rice again…don’t like this Japanese heavy sticky stuff….F of course had…wait for it…Thai Ramen.  Urgh.  If he’d only share a couple of different dishes with me it would be so much more fun.  

We bought a few groceries and then came home.  We watched TV for most of the night.  Well, I did, F watched YouTube on his computer.  Sigh.  I fed him some of my persimmon crumble, which he liked.  He in turn set up the bread maker again with French bread.  His first try was very successful!

And that’s it.  I also got my 4th Christmas card today.  Hurray! Tomorrow I hope that we can go and see The Hobbit in English.  Wish us luck.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: