December 17, 2012


Monday - Sunny and warm-glorious winter day!

I got up early this morning!  I was a woman with a mission.  I had to meet my friend by 9:20, so I was up, dressed and out of the apartment before I often get up!  I walked to the meeting place and she was there.  

We went over to the Machikine theater and since we were very early, bought a drink and then sat and chatted for a while.  When we were ready to go in to see the film we bought our popcorn from a very nervous clerk and found some seats.  We both enjoyed the movie, Skyfall. It was my second time, but I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time!

After the movie, we decided that lunch was in order.  I suggested Restaurant Futaba, and so we drove there. They had a table for us and we both had the same, the baguette sandwich.  We ate and gabbed and closed out the restaurant for lunch…almost!

I thought that my friend would have to leave, but she didn’t, so she suggested going to the beach because it was a lovely day and we could.  It was a lovely idea.  Over by the beach it was a tad windy, but quite a nice day really.  

We left the beach and grabbed something to drink from a convenience store, then she dropped me off where she first picked me up.  

I walked home, got the mail, (3 Christmas cards today) and went into the apartment.  I got a card from the post office telling me that I had a parcel waiting for me.  I did a few things like scan the postcards I wrote last night, updated my Postcrossing wall and did a bit of reading. 

F came home on time and I asked him to help me get my parcel.  He said it was fine.  He changed and we headed out to the post office. I mailed 4 postcards and picked up my parcel. It’s from my BFF in Canada.  

Next up was dinner.  We went to the Tonkatsu restaurant and had a nice meal.  After that, we hit the grocery store and bought some food for tomorrow night.  Then, we came home and relaxed.  

Tomorrow I’m back to work if all goes well.  I’m hoping that the nice weather will hold a little longer so that I can bicycle to work in the afternoon and not have to shovel snow!  Wish me luck with that!  Night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today with your work. It is actually a nice weather today here in Tokyo. Can't say the same yesterday, but that was history.

Helen said...

Thank you! It's actually raining very heavily here now...hope it doesn't become snow anytime soon.

Thanks for visiting.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a great day with your friend. I hope the weather is kind to you :)

Helen said...

Sadly it wasn't TJ! We got a bit of rain and a bit of snow, but the snow didn't stay, so that's okay with me. It was so lovely yesterday...we went to the beach....today....bleck.

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

So glad you had a nice day out with your friend!

Helen said...

I did. She's another AFWJ gal too. We both have been a bit down lately so it was a lovely break for both of us.

Thanks for commenting :-)