December 26, 2012


Wednesday - Boxing Day-Cold and windy

An okay day.

I got up quite early this morning and it was a good thing too!  I noticed after I was up that F had left his phone and his notebook here.  I knew that he’d be back, and he was…in about 3 minutes after I saw them!  He left again very quickly.  I read the newspaper a bit late and had some of F’s yummy bread.  He’s turned into quite the breadmaker lately!  He likes to have it for his breakfast and I can’t say I blame him.  Last night he set up whole wheat bread with walnuts.  Yum.  

I was watching the British news when I just had to take a nap. I curled up on the couch, pulled my lovely blanket over me and was out for the next hour and a half!  I don’t think that really qualifies as a nap. 

I got dressed finally and did my computer stuff, and later on I went out and cleared a bit of snow from F’s parking space.  It was really cold today though.  Not Canada cold, but pretty darn close!  The snow was really frozen, so I couldn’t do too much, but did make a difference for him I think.

When F came home I offered him a hot drink and a bit of time to relax.  I was watching an Agatha Christie and didn’t want to start dinner until I knew “whodunnit”.  

I started dinner fairly soon afterwards.  It wasn’t labour intensive. I set the table and cooked the meat.  We had some coro-coro steak, which is a chopped and formed meat in cubic form.  What we did with it tonight is have it with some sauces and just dipped a cube into a sauce before eating.  One of my students had given me a box of yummy tasty sauces at the end of the year.  We had curry ketchup and tartare sauce.  Incredibly good.  

During dinner, the doorbell rang. I was pretty sure I knew what it was.  The poor guy at the door was holding a big heavy box.  My sister’s presents had arrived!  Yay. 

We finished dinner, F did the dishes and then hung laundry before we opened our presents.  My sister and her family were very generous to us.  We got clothes and pens or pencils, and lights as well.  Very nice things and we were both quite happy with them all.  F is always really touched that my family gives him gifts!  

We had a quiet evening together. I worked on my nengajo and got them almost done.  I think I’ve got them ready for the people that I had to send to…I may do one or two more just because I want to.  I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow.

And that’s about it.  I hope that I can enjoy the holidays now.  It feels like I’ve been under such stress for a long time, but maybe I can relax finally!  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: