June 21, 2013


Friday - Cloudy, but warm

A good day.

I got up this morning, had a little breakfast.  When F asked me out for lunch, I turned him down. I had plans of my own.  I biked off to see Anna Karenina at the local theatre.  I quite enjoyed it.  I can't say I liked the story, but I loved the theatricality of it.  Keira Knightley was excellent as well.  

After the movie, I headed off to the main post office to mail something.  When I finished there I bumped into one of my old students.  We chatted for a couple of minutes and made some plans to get together in a week or two.  I hope!

I visited a yarn store next to the post office. I've been meaning to go in there for ages.  It smelt rather mothbally, but had a nice selection of wool and yarn.  I got some cotton thread for a doily that I should make.  

I headed off to the mall and spent some time there. I didn't buy much, but enjoyed myself nonetheless.  I took myself to the coffee shop for some of the honey mint royal milk tea and a delicious sandwich.  

I biked home, arriving about 30 minutes before F did.  When he arrived he said he wanted to go to the Internet Cafe to spend time on the massaging chairs.  Sigh.  I didn't really want to go, although I didn't have any other ideas.  

We went for 3 hours and it was okay.  I finished my book, Remarkable Creatures, then watched a bit of YouTube.  I dragged F out of there when our time was up! We ate there too. 

We made a quick trip to the grocery store then came home.  We had a quiet evening at home.  F went to bed rather early, I stayed up and did some crochet and internet working.

I'm not sure what we're going to do tomorrow.  I hope to be able to get up to see The Gilmore Girls as my weekend won't be the same without them.  Catch you tomorrow night?  Night!

No comments: