April 29, 2015

Wednesday - Sunny and hot

A mostly good day.

I got up this morning to an empty apartment again.  F had gone over to his mother’s house again.  I had some tea, watched some telly, read some blogs.  It was nice and relaxing. Until he came home. He was a bit annoyed that I wanted to take a shower, but I did anyway.  After my shower he suggested a good place for lunch then pouted that he really wanted to go to the Sakata Port Restaurant.  I suggested that he leave now and enjoy himself.  I’m not going there with him.  I don’t enjoy it and I don’t like who he becomes when he is there.  He got quite pouty, left and then came back when I said we had to pick up my ring later on.  

Anyway, longish story shorter, we went to the Farm restaurant again.  It was nice, but I don’t want to go there all of the time.  We just went there on the weekend! Today I had pork with sesame sauce and fish with an odd name.  F had mackeral and pork shabu-shabu.  I thought it was good, F didn’t like his fish.

After dinner we drove to S-Mall and picked up my ring.  Last time we were there F had also asked about “pair watches”—His & Her watches in English.  We’d taken a couple of catalogues home with us to look at.  They are nice, but I still have my watch from before we got married, and F got himself a fancy watch a couple of years ago.  I’m not sure it is necessary, and F is thinking about the lower end of the lines anyway.  We also stopped for a drink in Doutor.  I had my usual Royal Soy Milk Tea and it was good. 

We came home for what I thought was a few minutes but turned into hours.  At 5 F left to walk his dog and then came back at 6ish, took some medicine and went to bed.  Huh?  I thought we were going to have dinner, but not yet.  

I turned on the TV to set the DVR and discovered that Walk the Line was just starting.  I ended up watching it and quite enjoying it.  I used the downtime to darn in the ends of all the small squares that I have been making.  Got them all done too.  Whew!  I’m not a Joachim Phoenix fan at all, but thought he was good, I like Reese Witherspoon and liked her a lot more in this.  I’m still not sure if she deserved her Academy Award though!  I remember my mum always talking about June Carter Cash when she saw her on TV and how she really couldn’t sing!  I also think my parents had a copy of Folsom Prison Blues…won’t swear to it, but I know my dad liked Johnny Cash.

Finally, as the end credits rolled, I finished my last square. I woke my husband up.  I basically demanded dinner!  It was 9:00pm and I had been waiting a long time.  F was okay with it and agreed to go to Gusto.

We went to Gusto and it was quiet.  Yay.  F suggested that we have Misuji steak, and that was what we ended up having. I had mine with a salad and F had the rice, soup and drink bar set.  I had drink bar too.  It wasn’t bad steak, which is rather surprising considering where we were!

We came home via the grocery store.  I’m going to make a stir-fry tomorrow night.  I bought mostly prepared vegetables, although I’ll add in a few mushrooms and maybe an onion tomorrow.  

I prepped the garbage for F to take out tomorrow and then sat down to watch House.  F went to bed again as he was tired.  I’ll try and get to bed soon as I’m tired.  

It was a fairly productive day for me, I got my ring back and I got the squares “finished”.  That was only the first 16.  I have a lot more to go! Tomorrow I’m not exactly sure what I’ll get up to, come back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: