December 28, 2015

Monday - Snowy and cold

A good day.

I woke up this morning with F in the bedroom making some noise.  He’d misplaced his glasses and thought they might have fallen off the bedstand.  Nope.  I went back to sleep.

When I got up a couple of hours later I watched a bit of TV and also snoozed on the couch.  I found F’s glasses. He’d left them on the washing machine in the bathroom. I sent him a text telling him that.

I worked out today and I used one of my Christmas presents to help me do that.  I got a Belkin armband to put my iPhone in to count my steps.  That meant that I could wear my snazzy new workout gear.  Feeling very proud of myself, I did my workout.  I thought F might come home at lunch to pick up his glasses, so I shortened my planned workout, but he didn’t come!

I had an early-ish lunch and then got stuck into my column.  I had a goodly amount done, but took a break at 4ish to have a shower.  F came back around 5:30 but didn’t go over to his mother’s today.  He kept talking to me and finally I had to ask him not to!  I also suggested that he cook his own dinner while I was still busy.

I finally got all the good movies reviewed, so I took a break to cook my dinner.  Tonight I made a new dish for myself.  I made General Tso’s Chicken.  I got the recipe here.  I tasted the sauce today before I cooked it and that was good.  I had to add a little more honey to balance the heat.  I also had to fudge or leave out a few ingredients, but I think I might make it again! I served mine over couscous rather than rice, but it was nice anyway.  

Healthy General Tso's Chicken plus couscous
After I did my dishes after dinner, I watched Gossip Girl and finished my column.  Yay!  I got it done.  I listened to it, made a few tweaks to it and then sent it in to the editor.  Done! Now I can enjoy the rest of the time off, hopefully!  I hope to do some crochet and or knitting soon.

F went to bed early as he was tired, but got up after a bit with a leg cramp.  I massaged it for him as best I could and he’s now asleep on the couch.  I think I shall send him off to bed soon, but I should get there soon too.  


No ideas what we will get up to tomorrow.  There is a faint chance that we’ll be out of town overnight this holiday week, so if I disappear for a night or two, don’t worry! Come back a bit later and find out what is new with me.  Until tomorrow…?

No comments: