January 4, 2017

Wednesday - Rainy with snow

An okay day.

I woke up before my alarm went off this morning and actually got up.  I put on the light in the living room so I wouldn’t go back to sleep and actually didn’t.  During my morning telly, the doorbell rang. It was the post office bringing me a Christmas Present.  Hurray for that!  I opened it and it was a great present from my BFF.  She sent me a down coat.  It’s really light and very warm.  Best of all, it actually fits me!  My big coat here is too big and it is very heavy.  

I had breakfast late today, in fact, I almost forgot to have it at all!  Still, I had it and then got dressed and made the bed.  F came home just a bit after 12 and had his lunch.  He was off again afterwards.

In the afternoon I did a lot of Facebook messaging and also caught up on a few things.   I started dinner early I thought, but as always it took extra time, and F was home before I knew it.  

Tonight for dinner I made Chicken Divan with some of the leftover chicken from Costco, plus some broccoli and mushrooms.  I’ve never made it before, but I followed a recipe and the adjustments made to it in the comments.  It worked out rather well.  We had it with some baby leaf lettuce, some miso soup and kimchi and it was all rather nice.  

F did the dishes tonight, which I really appreciated.  I had done a ton of them earlier, so he really didn’t have pots and pans to wash, just the dishes.  Still, it was nice of him to do it.  

In the evening, I did my first 3 Postcrossings of the year.  I was at the lowest I have been for ages, I had only one card travelling!  I didn’t send many at all during December as I had Christmas Cards and nengajo to do too.

During Night Shift tonight I darned in a few square ends and then set up the garbage for F to take it out tomorrow morning.  

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow except I have to cook a roast in my slow cooker.  I’ll probably do it as pulled pork. It’s been ages since I’ve done that. I just hope that F likes it.  

And that’s about it for me.  Come back in a bit and see what I get up to on Thursday.  Until tomorrow….


No comments: