August 22, 2017

Tuesday - Hot, humid and rainy

A good day.

I woke up this morning and said a sleepy goodbye to F, then snoozed a little longer.  I got up before the news at 8 am and then stayed up.  I started up my water pot and had an early coffee.  Yay.

I went down and had breakfast with K and then remembered that I’d left some of my laundry in the garage.  I went over and brought it in.

Around 12:30 I went down to see about lunch.  K wasn’t awake, and didn’t wake up when I called her name.  In that case, I just decided to let her be.  I had an okay lunch of nama ham, salad, bread and dressing.  

I spent a long time upstairs today.  It was very hot up here and the fact that we didn’t have air conditioning made it difficult for me.  I did more work on my movie column and wrote about a few more movies.  I think now I need to write the opening and closing, as well as about a couple more films.

I did some printing today too. I needed the itinerary of my trip for my backpack and I printed a little version for F.  He’ll lose it, but it is good that I did it.

When F came home, he wasn’t feeling great.  As  usual, he asked me to pick the restaurant.  I suggested a few, but he wasn’t interested.   We decided to try for sushi again, but not our usual haunts, a place we rarely go to.  It was…okay.  Actually, tonight was the worst I’ve ever seen it.  They have drink bar and the waiter brings over your first drink.  He got mine wrong.  The sushi master wouldn’t take our requests, we had to write them down and pass the slip over to him.  Things like that, small aggressions really.  Oh, and the best thing of all?  F had forgotten his wallet and wanted to go back to the house for it.  I suggested that I pay for things tonight. Which I did.

Tonight we spent a few minutes in McDonalds and I got a cheaper burger and their Black Thunder McFlurry.  That was quite nice.  I hadn’t eaten enough sushi so decided to treat myself.  

We picked up a few groceries afterwards and then came back to the house where we took showers and relaxed.  I did some darning on my poncho and watched Suits.  

It was sort of a quiet day today, but that’s okay. I need another day like that at least so that I can get my column finished.  Wish me luck with it! 

Come back later and see how Wednesday goes down around here.  Until tomorrow….


No comments: