October 1, 2017

Sunday - Cold, Cloudy and Rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning fairly early I thought.  However, almost everyone else was before me, so I didn't do as well as I believed!  Anyway, I got up, dressed and then went upstairs.

My sister was planning to go to the supermarket with her daughter so I begged a ride too.  We all did a bit of shopping and picked up a few things.  We came back to the house and unpacked the groceries.    We had some of the leftover pizza for lunch plus a few other things, then it was time for my niece to leave.

I took a short nap and then it was time to get ready to go to the hockey game.  Today my nephew was playing in Beaumont, so my sister and I drove over to see the game.  My brother in law and nephew had already gone to the rink.  The game today was good.  The score was 2-1 for my nephew's team.  Everyone played quite well.  My nephew did get a couple of penalties again.  Sigh.  He also had an odd thing happen.  Another player and my nephew's masks got stuck together!  The ref had to come over and help them get untangled! I am not sure what happened there.

After the game, we came back to my sister's house.  I got changed and a little dressed up.  Around 6:30 we left for the restaurant.  Beaumont has a very famous little restaurant that is supposed to be one of the best in Canada.  It is good, although I didn't think it was perfect!  We had a lovely meal.  We started with a charcuterie board with yummy bread, meats, cheeses and jam & pickles.  It. was great.  For the main course I had a dish called "Breakfast for Dinner".  It was duck with mini pancakes and some different toppings.  I normally love duck, but for some reason, I didn't love this.  I think there were too many toppings and they mushed together rather than standing out.  I didn't hate it, and I ate it all, but I was expecting something more.  I had dessert too, today I chose the Harvest Pie and that was really good.  Today's pie had sour cherries and lime and there was something else too.  The pie was huge and I didn't need something that big, but it was yummy!  I really enjoyed it.

We came back to the house in the rain.  It was cold and nasty outside.  Boo!

We watched last night's episode of Saturday Night Live with Ryan Gosling as the host.  He was quite good, but had a very hard time keeping a straight face in parts.  Just after we finished watching, the family went to our various bedrooms.

It was a very good day, mostly laid back.  We were all quite tired from last night, so it was nice to relax a bit.

I'm not really sure what we will get up to tomorrow.  I hope that we will have some interesting times!  Come back later and find out.  Until tomorrow....

No comments: