September 30, 2017

Saturday - Cloudy and cooler

A good day.

I slept in quite late this morning, but there was a reason!  I woke up at 6 am because the phone rang.  I woke up next time at 10 am when the phone rang again.  Ack.  I got up, dressed and went upstairs to have breakfast.  I can't go into details, but a friend of my hosts had some difficulty last night so there was a reason for the early call.

After lunch and a bit of looking at my niece's homework, we went off to watch my nephew play hockey in Edmonton.  He is a good player, but is much bigger than most of the other members of his team. He got three penalties in the game, but apparently only one of them was deserved!  His team did win the game though.

We came back to Beaumont and had dinner.  Dinner was pizza that was ordered before we left the hockey arena.  I can't remember the last time I had delivery pizza!  It was good.

Soon afterwards, some guests came over and we had a fire in a fire cage in the yard.  Most of the others were drinking, but my sister and I just had water.

The party broke up after midnight and the guests went off home.  It was nice to be outside and talking with people about crazy or interesting things.  I rarely speak with new people in Japan!

So that is about it.  Tomorrow there is another hockey game, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go to that one.  The family is also going out for dinner tomorrow night, so that will be exciting.  The place we are going is supposed to be one of the top ten restaurants in Canada.  How's that for cool?

Come back tomorrow if you are up to it and find out how my Sunday went.  Until tomorrow....

No comments: