December 28, 2017

Thursday - Warmer but snowy

A good day.

I had my usual morning, except I slept in a little late. I had gotten up but decided to lie down on the bed for a few minutes and missed part of the BBC news. Sigh. I got up and eventually made the bed and did all the other things I do.  

I went down to grab my breakfast and then came back upstairs to eat it.  I think K doesn’t like cold cereal for breakfast in winter. I do! 

I did a load of laundry and hung it up in our room, and then watched a couple of things off the DVR.  I’ve been getting into The Blacklist since one of my channels has been running it.  I still adore James Spader, although he’s no longer the really cute guy I used to adore.  He still has that certain something though!

K was actually up today when I went down to get lunch so I asked if she’d like something.  She wouldn’t.  She told me she’d eaten some of the tempura that F had left for her and she’d left me a piece.  She left me the tempura fish. Obviously, she doesn’t know me very well.  I told her to eat it and I’d eat the chicken in the fridge.  Well, no actually, she’d eaten the chicken too!  Big deal.  I did have some other stuff so I ate that.  I took a bunch of things upstairs and had a nice meal.  After lunch, I turned off the TV and looked through my column one last time and then submitted it to the Journal Editor. Yay!

Around 4 pm I went downstairs and washed my dishes, then went outside and shovelled a bit of snow.  Okay, a lot of snow.  I even found a lightning cord of F’s in the snow…Lucky for him I found it, it was white and blended in.  I went back inside and waited for him to come back to the house.

When he came back, the first thing he wanted to know was where I wanted to eat. Crap. Back to that again.  I suggested either the Internet Cafe or the Chinese restaurant near where we used to live.  

We had to go and get something for K’s dinner. We got her a nice bento and some goodies with it, delivered it, and then went to the Internet Cafe.  There was only one massaging chair available when we arrived, so I let F have it and I went to a reclining chair.  I was only there for 20 minutes or so before one became available, so it wasn’t a hardship or anything.  

I had a bit of a problem when I was at the Internet Cafe today.  Their internet kept switching off when I was on my phone.  That was annoying. I don’t know if it was too many users or if I was hogging the bandwidth too much.  

We came back to the house after 4 hours and I watched a little telly and F relaxed more. His neck and back are bad again, my thumbs are a bit sore from the snow shovelling.  I’ll probably be fine!


Anyway, tomorrow I think F is going to go to the Doctors and he said he wants a haircut.  I’m not sure what I’ll get up to at all.  Come back later and find out….Until tomorrow….

No comments: