December 29, 2017

Friday - Warmer, bit snowy

A good day!

I slept in this morning. I woke up at 10 so I missed my NCIS treat.  I got up, got dressed and went downstairs. I was thinking about having breakfast but didn’t.  F came back and we decided to go out for lunch.  

I suggested going to Hyakkenbori. We haven’t been there in a while, not since F announced that he hates the restaurant.  I, of course, love it.  They had a low-cost lunch special so we had that, plus coffee.  With our discount card, we had lunch for under ¥2000 yen.  

After lunch, we picked up something for his mother and delivered it.  We went upstairs and spent a couple of hours just vegging.  I started to have a crazy idea of going to karaoke, so I finally asked F if he’d like to go.  He said yes!  That surprised me a lot.

We went off to the karaoke box.  There weren’t a lot of cars in the parking lot so I thought we’d be okay.  However, they asked us to come back in an hour and a half.  No problem.

We went for dinner and it was another one of my suggestions.  We went to the place on the corner near the main post office that uses local food.  I don’t always like it, but it wasn’t busy tonight and the food was really good. We had the specials tonight so F had curry and I had a hacksai and pork nabe.  His looked good, but mine was! 

My lovely nabe before it cooked.

When we drove back to the karaoke box, all the parking was gone.  F decided to park over in the grocery store’s parking lot.  I was a tad nervous about doing that.  We even faked going into the store in case someone got upset that we were taking up a space.

We had a really good time at the karaoke box.  I did a couple of songs for the first time and a lot of old favourites too. After a couple of hours, F ordered a bit of food and that was nice too.  

When our time was up, we left and paid.  It wasn’t too bad really.  We visited the grocery store so that we did actually shop there!  We got a few things for K and us, and then drove back to the house.

At the house, I watched a little telly and then took some time to relax.  I had a shower and F and I had some apple pie that we bought earlier today.  

Oh, one funny thing that happened today at the Karaoke Box…we had drink bar and they asked us if we wanted hot drinks or cold drinks.  We both said hot so that we’d get mugs.  We can put cold drinks in them after all.  Near the end, F went to get me a drink and I asked for iced tea.  He took ages to come back, and when he did he proudly explained how he’d made my tea with ice in the cup so that it would cool faster for me.  I asked him why he didn’t just use the tea in the cold drinks dispenser!?  He’d totally forgotten it was there.  


On Saturday we’re going to meet up with a friend and have lunch.  We have to get up a little early to get there on time, so I should end this soon.  Come back later and see how this day went.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: