February 1, 2018

Thursday - Sunny and warm, now quite cold.

A good day.  

I got up this morning on time and watched the news, no big deal. However, when it was over, I did something a little different for me. I took a bunch of bras downstairs and hand washed them! I haven’t done it in ages and I have decided that it would be much smarter in the future to do them in batches, but they are all nice and clean now. Some may still be damp, but….

I came back upstairs, watched my NCIS: LA and then a couple of episodes of Pretty Little Liars and did the cull of my women’s group. I took off the non-renewed members and sent them a note saying I had done that. Not one of my favourite tasks, but…

I had my breakfast and did a postcrossing too. I did two today, cards are going to China and Russia. F popped back to the house for a couple of minutes too.  

I heard K bopping around the house a bit earlier today. I think it was around 12 when I first heard her. I’ve been quite worried about her lately.  

Around 2 pm I went downstairs and asked K if she’d like lunch with me. She had already eaten though, so turned me down. I grabbed a bit of food and took it upstairs again.  

I caught up with a few shows on my DVR today and generally got to relax a bit. Whew. I needed it.

At 4pm, I went downstairs and washed my dishes, then went out and shovelled some snow. It was a bit distressing as a huge amount of snow had fallen off the roof and onto the steps outside the house and the snowplough had been through and had blocked the driveway again.  I tackled the road first. The road was so dry I had to put snow down first so I could move my “dump” on the road. I cleared the gate and a bit of the other snow nearby, then attacked the area by the house. I got it pretty well cleared, but it was so annoying. Sometimes K has been known to try poking the snow off the roof.  I worry that if she does that, she might be flattened by the snow falling. It was heavy.

F wasn’t very late tonight so he came back to the house around 6pm. He was tired and achy today. We talked about dinner and if it was going to be just me and him suggested one place for pasta. He asked his mother if she’d like to come, so I suggested another place where she can get more Japanese style food and I could get pasta! She did come with us.  

We went to Moku-Moku and had a pretty good time. The restaurant was very quiet tonight.  I had my pasta, F had a donburi of ginger pork and K had omrice with a shrimp cream sauce. All the food disappeared and it was nice to be out as a family again.  

We came back to the house after dinner, stopping at a post office to mail my postcards.  At the house, F and I went upstairs, K went off to bed I think.  We had a quiet evening upstairs, but a friendly one.  

Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’ll get up to. I should pack for our weekend trip and try and do a couple of things around the house perhaps. I might do more Postcrossings too if I’m good.  Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: