April 8, 2018

Sunday - Rainy, Snowy, Hail and Cold

A mostly good day.

F and I slept in this morning and it was very nice.  F had gotten up early and made some raisin bread, so around 12 he brought me one of the crusts.  Yum.  

I finally got up and dressed.  Then, F wanted to know what I wanted to do.  I suggested lunch and asking his mother to come too.  She said she’d come so we ended up going to Hyakkenbori near Tsuruoka park.  It was a good choice as they have nice Japanese food and the view and the restaurant itself are nice, and the price is fairly reasonable.  I had chicken, F had fish and K had tempura, so we were all happy.  After lunch, we dropped K off at the house and went out.
They're coming soon!!!!
We drove out to Mikawa and went to see The Commuter with Liam Neeson. We had another spat at the stupid machine for buying tickets.  F does this thing where he hides behind me and then accuses me of getting in his way.  Dude, if you weren’t behind me, I wouldn’t be in your way. Anyway, I suggested buying drinks, F went the full crazy and bought us popcorn too.  
The movie was okay.  It was kind of a no-brainer popcorn movie, but I like Liam Neeson and even though the whole thing is preposterous, it works for the duration.  

After the movie, we went to have coffee at Mr Donuts.  That was nice.  When we were in the food court, I started feeling rather bad again.  I really just wanted to go back to the house and go to bed.  Instead, we went to do a couple of other things.  F went to move the car closer to us and I went to the ladies.  I waited at the entrance for ages for F to come in, and about 10 minutes later he phoned me to say that he was looking for me. He was in the store.  I think he must have walked past me, but who knows.  Then he vanished again.  

Argh.  We tried to buy some food in the grocery store, but F wanted to wait until the prices had been marked down.  He hung around for a bit and then I suggested coming back later.  We got some other stuff in the other part of the store and then came back.  The lady was still marking things down and F finally asked her if she was going to mark down the stuff he wanted to buy.  She said no!  Good thing we didn’t hang around all that time then.  

We left the grocery part and F took the stuff to the car.  Then, we went back in and up to the Dressmaker’s section.  They called us this morning to say my coat was done.  We picked it up.  It looks a little different, not as nice sad to say, but I didn’t have a lot of choice in the matter.  Hopefully, I can wear it now.

We drove back to Tsuruoka and delivered the food we’d bought to K.  I took my coat upstairs.  

F and I went out again for dinner and kerosene.  Since F is on another of his “I don’t want to eat meat” periods, we went to a fish restaurant.  It was fine. I had suggested his favourite place and we even came in at budget, so that’s a good thing.  

After dinner, we picked up some kerosene and then came back to the house where I did up the garbage to be taken out in the morning and F watched TV. 

That’s basically it for my day.  For some reason, I am not feeling well again.  This has been about two weeks of this stupid cold and I have no idea why it won’t just bug off! 

Tomorrow I hope to get some of my huge mound of laundry done and maybe a Postcrossing or two, that would be nice.  Come back later if you dare and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow…. 


Rosa said...

That cold really has its grip on you! Hopefully it's not something new from one of your students.

All our fruit tree blossoms have come and gone; I envy you that your are still ahead of you. Enjoy them!

Helen said...

Honestly, I don't know if it comes from one of the students I taught, or if my husband and I are passing our colds back and forth. It's horrible and I'd really like it to stop!!

Tsuruoka Park is getting ready for the cherry blossoms...it looks very festive nowadays. It's just too bad that the weather is cold and rainy and snowy at the moment. Ah April...what a month.