June 18, 2018

Monday - Hot and Sunny with a bit of mugginess

A little bit better day.

When I woke up and got up this morning I wished I hadn’t. The room was spinning. Or maybe it was just my perception of it. I didn’t know if I could stay up or even make it down those narrow and steep stairs of ours. I went downstairs very carefully and gingerly.  When I came back up I took a bit of a rest for a while. Gradually the room stopped. I turned on the news but it wasn’t my international news, it was all about the big earthquake in the Osaka area. I hadn’t heard of course as I was sleeping!

F popped back for a minute while I was trying to recover but declined to talk to me.  

After my program, I did some laundry. I washed some towels and a towelket.  F had found it in a box yesterday and told me I could use it.  He says it is mine, I say it isn’t. Whatever. I washed it and a few other things and hung them in the garage. After that, I washed our old curtains from the apartment. F wanted to hang them in our room. They were from different rooms so they are completely different colours.One pair is brown, the other is blue. They got hung up in the garage to dry too.

I had a quiet afternoon. I received 3 postcards today, including one from Alberta. That was cool!

I had lunch and watched a few things off the DVR. I also did a bit of internet surfing.  

Around 5 pm I went to the garage to check on the laundry. The curtains were dry, but the towelket wasn’t. It was quite thick, so not dry yet.  I brought the curtains back to the house and hung them up.  It was a lot of work as it involved stepladders and moving things, but I got them up.  I put the lace curtains and the pretty blue curtains across the room from the bed, so I can see them when I wake up. I put the ugly brown ones from our old bedroom above us, so I don’t have to see them that often.  

When F came home he was still grumpy. He growled that he was going to go to the onsen and I asked if I could go too. I didn’t want to use the bath, I wanted the wifi to be honest, and maybe dinner! He said I could go. 

We drove off to the onsen. It closes tomorrow for a few days so it was his last chance for a bit.  F went to the bath, I had my dinner. I did ask him earlier if he wanted to eat there and if I should wait for him. He said not to wait, so I didn’t. I had the yakiniku without rice or miso soup. I don’t need them. After I ate, I went back to the lobby and had a seat. I started the first square of my afghan, and then went to the other end of the ball of yarn and did it again with a smaller hook.  I am not sure which to use. The bigger hook is better for me as it has a handle, the smaller one is what the yarn calls for, but I think I’m going to go with the bigger one.  

F came out of the bath and went to check if he wanted to eat at the onsen. He didn’t. He tore out of the spa and practically ran to his car and drove to Tsukiya. He had pork curry and I didn’t have anything.  I was thinking I’d have a chocolate pudding or something, but F didn’t bother asking me if I’d like anything. Polite he is not.  

I asked if we could go to the grocery store and we did. I picked up some coffee creamers and a box of my special tissues. Wish I’d known on Sunday that I could get them there. I asked F while we were going through the store if I cooked pasta for dinner tomorrow if he’d eat it. He said he wouldn’t. Charming. So, on one hand I’m vilified because I won’t cook, but when I offer to, it isn’t good enough. It probably isn’t Japanese enough for him. 

We came back to the house. I prepared the plastic garbage for going out. It was more work than it should be as someone had put a bunch of dirty plastic stuff in with the mostly clean plastic. I had to sort it and that annoyed me.  

I had a bit of a text conversation with a friend and the upshot is that we’re going to have lunch on Wednesday. Yay!  I haven’t seen her for a few weeks so it’ll be nice.

I took a shower and watched Project Runway. F went to bed a while ago, but I’m not quite ready yet. I think I’ll go to bed soon though. The heat is making me rather tired.


Come back later and see how I get on. Until tomorrow….

1 comment:

Orchid64 said...

I continue to be concerned with how your husband is bullying and attempting to intimidate you. Since you moved from your apartment to his mother's home, it seems like he's isolated you and knows you're more dependent on him for survival so he's pushing you harder to be whatever it is he wants you to be by trying to force his wishes on you. This comes through about food, but just about little everyday things as well. You had to ask him if you could go with him to the onsen? There's something really wrong with that. You're his equal.

If he wanted a Japanese wife who would prepare him Japanese meals and eat Japanese food and do whatever it is he thinks you should do, then maybe he should have married a Japanese woman. It just seems like he's angry with you for being yourself a lot of the time.

Take care, and keep an escape plan handy. Honestly, in your shoes, I'd be searching for jobs in Tokyo that paid enough for self-sufficient living and looking at divorce because it just seems like your life is so stressful.