July 9, 2018

Monday - Hot, a little rain at night

A good day.

I woke up this morning and was quite out of it. I’d gone to bed a bit too late I’m afraid.  I mostly woke up, watched the news and then watched The X-Files 2016 which was on today.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I was late going downstairs for my breakfast, but I got it and started the first of two loads of laundry.  The weather is supposed to get humid again soon, so thought I’d do laundry when I knew it would dry soon.  Smart move!

I had a quiet day really. I spent most of the time working on planning outings for my trip to Niigata, and writing my BFF an email.  She’s finished her school year so I finally heard from her!  She gets so busy that she can’t write to me.  

In the afternoon I had lunch, F popped in just as I sat down with my food.  He was away again in a flash. I had hoped to do some Postcrossing but didn’t get to it. I did find most of my DVDs in a series.  I’m planning my next column already, can you tell? 

F called me around 5 pm to say that he was still in Sakata on business so wouldn’t be back on time.  It was sad but understandable.  When he did get back around 6 pm the first thing he said to me was that he wanted to go to the onsen.  I thought he’d say that.  

We went out and got his mother a bento and then we went off to the onsen.  I sat in the lobby and did a bit of crochet while he had his bath.  I had a little snack because I was hungry!  

When he finished, we sat for a while and then came back to Tsuruoka.  We went to Gusto for our late dinner.  I had keema curry which I rather enjoyed, F had noodles which he didn’t.  Sigh.  We both had the drink bar which we needed in the hot weather.  

We came back to the house just after 11 pm and came upstairs. It was hot up here. Sigh.  F went to bed, I watched some telly and then Project Runway. It was a little strange tonight.  They had to make  “good” or “evil” clothes.  The loser was the worst tonight, but there were a couple of other designers that could have gone out and I would have been okay with it.  I think they chose the wrong winner, but what do I know?

F got up again as he is having back pain, likely because of the change in the weather.  He’s having some beer and I’m trying to shoo him off to bed. However, that’s hard to do when I don’t want to go to bed yet!


Tomorrow I’m not exactly sure what I’ll get up to.  I am hoping to start packing for our trip this weekend, or I might go out of the house for a change.  That would be very nice! Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: