August 12, 2018

Sunday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

F and I both slept in a bit this morning.  He got up and set up the bread maker though, so that was good.  I finally got up just before the bread was due to be ready.  I decided to have a proper breakfast, even with F’s bread on offer.  I had some cereal and yogurt and a bit of bread.  Yesterday I didn’t eat properly so I thought I’d better take care of myself today.

In the morning F had asked me if I’d like to go to the blueberry farm for a while.  I wasn’t sure, then said that I would if we could go later in the day.  It was very sunny today and I didn’t think I could hack it in the early afternoon.  

Around 3 pm, we drove off to the blueberry place, paid our money and went picking.  Of course, we could eat as much as we wanted too, and we did!  I had no idea there were so many different types of blueberries!  It makes sense, of course, I just didn’t know about them.  We each picked a small container to bring back with us, but managed to eat quite a lot along the way! It was fun.


On the way back to the house, we decided to have coffee or tea but had a problem finding a good place to go. We ended up at Cafe Heart & Peace.  We each had a crepe there, plus an iced coffee. It was quite nice and the least busy I’ve ever seen it.  They were still sold out of almost everything though!

In the parking lot, I saw a funny thing on their van.  Their logo is a bird in a frying pan (they make pancakes and crepes) and there was a grasshopper on the logo.  I wondered which was more dangerous for the grasshopper, the frying pan or the bird!


We picked up some food for K from the grocery store and came back to the house.  I had found some Swedish biscuits being sold off for 100 yen so bought two boxes.  They are so yum.  F said I should have bought more, but they expire in a week!  I don’t want to eat that many in a week!

At the house, F gave his mother her food and then we went out again.  We walked to the local yakitori-ya and had a lovely meal.  We had all kinds of dishes and they were great.  After we finished there, I thought we might come back to the house, but F wanted to go to another place.  

We called a taxi and went to a bar that he likes.  It is okay, just a tad expensive. We were there for a while, sang a few songs at karaoke and had a drink each.  We came back to the house by taxi. I had wanted to walk around a little more just to clear my head, but F didn’t want to.

We came back to the house and I got stuff done.  I bagged up the blueberries that I had frozen earlier, then set more out.  I took a shower too.  F took one after I did as well.

We watched a little TV together and then F went to bed.  I’m still up, but it is very late and I’m a little tired now.  

F took tomorrow off work, so I’m not sure what is going to happen.  I don’t know if we have any plans for Monday or not. I don’t really, but I don’t want to waste F’s day off.  Then again, I have work to do so who knows!  


Come back later on and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: