August 11, 2018

Saturday - Warm and sunny

A goodish day.

I slept in a little this morning and so did F.  We were quite lazy, which was nice for a change.  F did get up and made breakfast for himself and his mother.  He asked if I wanted some too, but since it was bloomin’ noodles again, said no.  I had an energy bar for my breakfast. 

In the afternoon, F was supposed to take me out for lunch but didn’t. He fell asleep instead.  I tried not to grudge him. He doesn’t get a lot of time to just relax in his house.  

He finally roused himself around 4:30.  I told him that I’d like to go shopping and then go and see the movie in Mikawa.  F thought it was a good idea too, so got up.  We bought his mother a bento from the grocery store for her dinner and then we went off.  We had a quick and not too bad snack at Kappa Sushi, then hit up a store that sells large size clothing on the way to the mall.  I tried on a couple of things and ended up buying a t-shirt in burgundy.  It’s quite nice and was on sale. Woot.

We drove to Mikawa and got a good parking spot near the theatre entrance.  We went in and looked at women’s clothing.  They had some stuff, but they didn’t have as much as the Niigata store did.  I tried on a few things, but I wasn’t happy enough with the shirts as I had hoped.  I didn’t buy anything there. Sigh.  We looked at the men’s socks and I got a couple of pairs, and F picked up a few things for himself.  

F took our new things out to the car and left them there.  We went and had dinner after that.  Dinner was at the pasta restaurant and we both had the same thing, a cold pasta dish that was really nice.  

We went upstairs to see Ocean’s Eight and both of us enjoyed it.  I wouldn’t say it was the best movie ever, and I really would have liked to learn more about the characters, but it was fun and pleasant and worth watching.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka and made a stop along the way for some drinks.  I’ve been really thirsty today since I had sushi.  It always gets me. 


We came back to the house and watched the last episode of The Good Doctor.  It was quite good.  After that, F basically fell asleep and I’m still up.  But..I’m going to bed now.  No idea what we’ll do tomorrow, hope it is something good!  Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: