August 13, 2018

Monday - Hot and Sunny

A goodish day.

I slept in a bit this morning but woke up when F announced that he was going to take his mother to the doctor.  I got up then and after they left took care of a personal chore and was in the washroom when I heard the car drove up again.  They were back.  The doctors are off because it is Obon!  

I watched a bit of TV and had my breakfast at the house.  I think F gave his mother some breakfast.  Around 12 we served up F’s blueberries from yesterday.  That was rather yummy! 

After 12:30 the two of us decided to go out.  We talked about lunch on the way and I suggested 3 places.  F countered with 2 places and I didn’t mind either of them and said so.  We ended up at the hospital’s restaurant.  Now, if you are a long time reader of this blog, you might remember that three years ago almost exactly, F had a run in with a half-wild cat and had to be in the hospital for 10 days, so it was a little odd to be at the hospital for “fun”. They do have a good restaurant and they are quite famous for their food.  F had grilled fish and I had hiyashi chukka. It was quite nice.  

After lunch, we went shopping.  I had asked to go to a lower cost shop to see if they had any work clothes for me.  We looked around the shop and I got a basketful of things to try on.  I tried most of the things on and some weren’t bad. Because I do have a lot of clothes I tend to be very picky these days and won’t buy things that are overly tight or the wrong material.  Some things could have done, but I chose not to get them.  I ended up getting a summery dress and a tunic top that will look good with leggings.  Nothing for work sadly. I’ll have to troll my closet again and see what I can use to make do.  

We stopped for a drink at a coffee shop and then came back to the house. We were just about there when F asked if I’d like to go to the glasses shop with him. He needs new glasses.  We stopped off at the house and F got his prescription and his mother. She asked if she could come along.  We had no objections, so off we went.  We got to the shop, F looked at frames, I helped him, and we found a good pair for him.  His mother sat and watched most of the time.  While F was being helped, I gave her a drink from the drink machine.  

We came back to the house and F and I discussed what to do.  Finally, I suggested going to the grocery store and getting a tray of food to share with his mother.  They have lots of pre-cooked food available for Obon.  F liked the idea so off we went.

I picked up some food for the next couple of days for me and also some things for dinner to go with the tray we picked.  The tray was a little heavy on the meat and we got a veggie thing and a dessert thing.  

We came back to the house and had the food.  It was quite nice in all honestly.  We had a chicken one. I think it was really for two people, but the three of us enjoyed it.  I was glad that we added on the extra stuff too.  

F and I took care of the few dishes and then we headed out to the Internet Cafe.  The parking lot was very busy, but when we got in the massaging chairs weren’t. Yay.  They had a four-hour package tonight, but we decided that we’d leave before the time was up since F has to work tomorrow.  

Basically, that’s what we did.  I watched the last half of Bake-Off, but sadly the reception on the TV was terrible.  I found Okuribito on the TV, but since it didn’t have English subtitles, gave up on it. I watched a bit of YouTube instead.   I also tried to do some of my blanket joining, but took it back to fix a bad spot and joined it wrong. Grr!  I’ll have to take it back again I think.  

We left around 11:30 and got back to the house. We tried to look for meteors but I didn’t see any. F said he saw one so that was good.

I watched Project Runway and some other stuff, and I’m going to go to bed really soon.  F stayed up a bit late, I hope he’s okay tomorrow.  


We had a pretty good day today.  I’ve got to do a lot of work prep this week as I have five days of classes next week.  Wish me luck with it all! Come back later and find out how things go.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: