August 18, 2018

Saturday - Sunny but cool

A goodish day.

Today, F and I slept in.  Neither of us was feeling very good, so we just stayed in bed and slept as much as we could.  In all honesty, it was something like 2:30 in the afternoon before we got up.  F checked that his mother had eaten (she had) before we went out.

F had suggested going to Pisolino, the Italian buffet restaurant, which I like but he doesn’t.  I told him that I didn’t need to go there, so thought we decided to hit up a gyudon shop for a quick meal.  We were driving and F didn’t turn the way he would need to so I thought he was lost again. Turns out, he decided to take us to Pisolino anyway!  It was a nice treat.  

We each ordered a type of pasta.  I had a cold pasta, that was one of the specials.  The picture didn’t look like it had much tomato sauce on it, but it actually had a lot.  F had carbonara.  We shared a tartar pizza which had tartar sauce and zucchini on it. That was really nice.  We both had a few things from the buffet table but didn’t go too overboard.  Actually, that probably had more to do with the fact that many of the things weren’t being replenished very fast.  Oh well…all the better for us. 

When we left the restaurant it was close to 5 pm.  Neither of us would want to eat for hours, so we decided to pick up a bento for K.  We went to a place near Pisolino, one that’s attached to a yakiniku shop.  It was a little more expensive than the grocery store or the other place we go, but was probably better quality!  

We delivered the bento and then came back up to our room to veg and recover from our lunch.  

Closer to 6, F started asking me if I’d like to go places to watch the fireworks tonight, but I said no.   I didn’t want to go out. I had a feeling that we’d be able to see the fireworks from our bedroom window, and I was right!  We had a pretty good view of them. They weren’t close of course, but we could hear them through a funny trick of acoustics and it was fun to watch them.  Of course, we had to stand at our window to see them instead of sitting on the ground like we would if we were there, but it was okay.  

After the fireworks, around 10 pm, F asked if I’d like to go out for anything.  I wanted a drink really, so we decided to go out.  We decided on Mos Burgers which is a bit away.  Now, I thought and suggested to F that we go the long way around because I said there would be too much traffic leaving the area around the firework zone.  F chose to ignore me.  The simple drive to Mos Burger should have taken about 15 minutes took close to 45 minutes. Sigh. The roads were crazy busy.  There weren’t too many people walking, but a few on bicycles and lots of cars and buses.  

At Mos Burgers, it was busier than usual.  We each had something to eat and a drink too.  I had their taco naan which turned out to be okay. It was taco meat sauce (which kind of tasted like curry) with salad and broken bits of tortilla chips on a naan.  I don’t know if I’d have it again.  F had a rice burger and liked it.  

We came back to the house using a different route and got back quite quickly.  

When I tried to turn on the light in my part of the room, the cord came down into my hands.  F was all for jumping on a chair and fixing it right away, but I suggested that he not do it right now.  I would have to move a bunch of things in the dark first and I don’t really like the idea of him on a chair in the dark playing with something that has electricity running through it! I’m sitting in the dark at my keyboard.  I have my bed’s little lamp on and it is giving me a bit of light, but I really have to get to bed.  

We have no idea what’s going to happen tomorrow.  I’ve been trying to get F to go and see a Japanese movie by himself tomorrow…I’ll go shopping and drinking coffee or something.  He might take his mother to the onsen in the morning, but he might not!  It’s hard to know with him.

Both of us are feeling a bit “pre-cold” so we really should take it easy. I have a week of classes coming up so I’ll be busy and don’t have time to be sick.  


Come back later if you dare and see what we get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: