September 11, 2018

Tuesday - Sunny and warm 

A good day.

I overslept again, but got up and did my usual morning things.  When I was done the bed making/coffee drinking/breakfast eating bit I finished my blanket. I love it!  I have to wash and dry it before I give it away of course, but it does look lovely.  

All Squared Away Baby 5 by Becky Simmons, with a little improvisation by me.

I watched a bit of telly today, caught up with some weekend stuff and also got through an Agents of Shield episode. I love that show sooooo much.  

I got it into my head that I’d go out on my bike for a ride and see how far some of the shops are from here.  I am getting really tired of staying in all day and now that the weather is a little better for me I would like to go out more.  Around 3:30 I went out to the garage and checked my bike.  The tires were flat.  Since my bike was “fixed” a few months ago I thought it was strange, but okay….osmosis and all that.  I blew up the tire but when I took the pump off, all the air came out. Sigh.  I put the bike back in the garage and went back into the house to wash my hands. I had been eaten by many mosquitos in just a few minutes.  Ouch.

I went for a walk instead.  I first went to the nearby temple to wish my dear mother a happy birthday, then went off for a little stroll.  It was nice to be out. I walked as far as the vending machines and bought a couple of drinks for K and I.  I put them in a bag and brought them back to the house. I gave her hers and went upstairs with mine.

When F called to say he was on his way to the house, I told him about my bike.  He promised to look at it, and he did.  He came in and told me that the problem was a rubber tube was either shrunk or damaged.  He wanted to go out and get a replacement.

On the other hand, I had something to do first.  I had been ripening a couple of avocados for a few days and decided to finally open them.  One was perfect and the other was partially ripe.  I made some guacamole quickly and put it in the fridge to meld flavours.

We went to a hardware store and got the part for my bike, then to the grocery store. F got some sashimi and some weird vegetable stuff, I got more cheese and some rooibos tea for myself.  I also got salads for my lunch.  

We came back to the house and got the table ready for dinner. F did all the fish stuff….he sliced it and plated it, and I did the nachos.  We also had senbei for K if the tortilla chips were too hard.  We had a pretty nice meal.  F got quite angry with his mother because she was double dipping, but I didn’t care all that much.  

After dinner, F washed the dishes (hurray!) and I dried and put them away.  He vanished after that, so I went upstairs.  

When he came upstairs I asked him if he’d like to get a drink somewhere so we could use wifi, but he said no. He did ask about going to the Internet Cafe but it was already 9 pm and we’d be in there until midnight and both needed showers.  

I spent time on my computer and then he asked at 9:30 if I’d like to go out. No. I had wanted to, but it was too late and I had just made myself some tea. We had showers tonight and I watched a little bit of TV. That’s about it.  


It was nice to get out of the house today under my own steam, even if I didn’t go anywhere exciting.  The weather is supposed to be okay tomorrow too so I may try the bike thing again. Wish me luck with that.  Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: