September 23, 2018

Sunday - Sunny and warm

A good day!

F and I slept in a bit this morning but finally dragged ourselves out of bed. He made something for his mother to eat, I had a cup of decaf upstairs. We planned to go to the 1:10 movie, so I suggested going to Kintaro Sushi.  We went but had to wait for ages. We probably could have done it, but F decided it was okay to go to the later show.  Besides, it was a lovely day out!

After lunch, I suggested ice cream in the mall, so we went to Baskin Robbins and had some.  That was nice. We hacked the hundred yen shop, and didn’t buy anything, then went to Doutors for a while and a drink.  We were trying to plan our evening for a while. F wanted to go to the Internet Cafe again, I really didn’t.  I wanted to see the late show and we’d have to get his mother another bento for dinner.  I suggested that we ask his mother if she’d like to go for a drive with us to the beach and then all of us have dinner.  If we did it early enough, we could still do the movie.  Basically, that’s what we did.

We invited her to take a drive with us, and she was up for it. Yay.  It really was too nice of a day to not celebrate it.  We drove to Yunohama and stopped at a beach’s parking area.  We all got out and climbed up to see the sea.  K had problems with the big steps down to the beach, so she waited on the steps and F and I walked down to the shore.  It was just lovely today.



We came back to K and the car. We were too early for the restaurant, so I suggested stopping in a store nearby for a coffee or a gelato for K.  We tried that, but after a circle of the store, K was raring to go.  

We got to the restaurant, Nagomi around opening time and went in.  We had a lovely meal of soba. F ordered us a tempura mix to share and we were all very well fed when we left!  

We came back to the house for a while. K went to bed right away, but F and I spent some time in our room.  I was on my computer but I also watched an episode of Nigella.  

Around 7:40 we left for the theatre in Tsuruoka to see Wind River.  I liked it, but F didn’t. I think he was upset by the way the story was resolved. We came back to the house via a convenience store and now are both still up.  I’m thinking to have an earlyish night if I can, although it is after 2 am.  

Tomorrow F has to take K to the Temple to do the grave visit thing. I’m hoping I can get out of that, but you never know.  


You may want to come back later and find out what really happens on the holiday Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: