September 24, 2018

Monday - Cloudy and cooler

A good day.

We had another sleepy morning here, just enjoying the long weekend of course.  F took his mother to the temple to do whatever it is they do there. We decided that when they finished, they’d come back and get me and we’d go out for lunch to Naa.  I stayed in and watched a little TV and also got dressed, made the bed, basically the usual stuff.

When they finally came back, well after noon, F and I got ready to go out, but K decided not to join us.  She’d cooked some sweet potatoes and had eaten so many of them that she didn’t want any lunch!  Oh dear.  

F and I left and did go to Naa. It was rather late for them, but they welcomed us and sat us at a table.  The table was next to another couple.  We ordered and things seemed fine.  Then, the waitress gave me a tray of food, but the people at the next table had ordered first and hadn’t received their food.  She’d given me their tray. Luckily I hadn’t touched it at all, so she gave it to the other table.  A few minutes later, a waitress approached us and said that one of the main dishes we had chosen had finished.  We had the option of having two meat dishes or going to the smaller meal with one main dish.  We decided to do that.  Our meal arrived and it was fine, but we weren’t given spoons for our chawanmushi. I asked for them.  The other couple left.  We had ordered coffee when we came, but it took forever to arrive. In fact, F had to ask about it. I don’t know if they had forgotten about it or what.  We both thought the waitstaff seemed new, or too busy or something. It wasn’t usual at this place, but it was a bit odd.

We went back into Tsuruoka and F got gas for the car, then we went to a hundred yen shop near the gas station. I found some of the big boxes there that I use for mailing Christmas presents to Canada, so I picked up quite a few. Next up, F wanted to visit a hardware store, so we did, then another little discount shop for drinks.  Finally, we ended up at a clothing store so I could shop for my sister’s present.  We got one little present.  

We picked up a bento for K and delivered it.  We waited a while before going out again for our dinner.  We ended up going to Simon and it was lovely.  I had steak, which isn’t something I eat very often, F had fish.  Our meal was very nice.

We picked up some groceries for tomorrow. I’m going to attempt to make chicken stew for tomorrow’s dinner. I’ll use my slow cooker so it should work out I hope.

We came back to the house and spent a quiet couple of hours having showers and watching TV. There was a big rainstorm around midnight and I thought that Project Runway would be knocked out. The first couple of minutes were, but the rest came back. Yay. 

So that was it. Tomorrow I’ll be doing some cooking and hopefully, that will go well. Come back later and see how it goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: