October 16, 2018

Tuesday - Warmish and sunny

A good day, with a bad thing….

I got up this morning after F had left for work and got on with my day. The news was only half an hour long today so I watched it and then my NCIS show.  Not LA, the original.  

I had a really quiet day today. I didn’t see K at all. Perhaps she was avoiding me to punish me? I dunno.  

I wrote up some entries for my postcard blog and watched a bit more telly.  I did dishes and had my meals, usual kind of things. I also weighed the presents that I bought for my sister’s birthday in case I have to send them by EMS.

In the evening, F called and then came back. I had asked him to bring his mother a bento as I was afraid she hadn’t eaten anything during the day today. I didn’t want to repeat that tomorrow.  He did and then came up to see me.  We had the usual kind of spat about where to eat and at one point F said he wouldn’t eat.  I thought he’d like to go and have a bath at his onsen and suggested we eat there. He liked that idea and asked why I hadn’t suggested it first!  I was waiting for him to say he wanted to go to the onsen.

I asked K what kind of groceries she’d like and she basically just wanted mikan oranges. Okay, easy enough. F and I drove off, but he needed to go to the bank machine. We went to one in MaxValu but then F couldn’t find his wallet.  We came back to the house for it. Then we went to a bank machine for F.  Then, we headed for the onsen. On the way, F stopped into a gas station that we haven’t used before.  He bought some gas and we continued to the onsen.

When we were nearly at the onsen the car started making a horrible noise and shuddered a bit.  We’d made a mistake in the type of fuel we put in the car. Sigh. We drove back to Tsuruoka and F put the right kind in and we ended up at the car dealership which was closed. F called the salesman and he arranged for us to get a loaner car and for the service department to check the car tomorrow.  

F is very worried about his car and how much it’ll cost to fix it.  I am too but am trying to stay calm. F is worrying enough for the both of us.

We had dinner in the restaurant near the car dealership, Cocos. I had their Halloween Special which was quite nice.  I got a salad, turmeric rice and a burger with grilled veggies and then dessert. Drink bar was included as well, so not bad at all. F had a Japanese meal with fried oysters. 

We bought groceries after dinner and then came back to the house. I’m going to make dinner tomorrow night. Nothing fancy, just a bit of meat with some rice and a veg.  Sounds like we might have to economize a bit. 

I have no plans for anything tomorrow. I’ll have to wait and see what happens. I might wrap my sister’s present so I can get it in the mail soon. That would be a good idea I think!

Come back later and hear what goes on. Until tomorrow….


No comments: