October 20, 2018

Saturday - Sunny and warmish

An okay day.

I got up this morning to an empty room. F had gone off to his back doctor. I got up, dressed, made the bed, had breakfast and then he came back.  Then we went off to our doctor together.

We went for lunch to Foodever, the first time in a while. We both had the same thing, the Italian sushi lunch. I thought it was really good, but F thought it wasn’t big enough. However, we were both full at the end so…. We did stop over at the other side of the venue for a coffee and some cake. That was nice, but as usual, F was glued to his phone and earphone.  It’s getting a lonely being the only one who wants to communicate with the other person. 

We drove back to the house to check on his mother but when we got to the house, F suddenly decided we had to go to the “Gas Festival” which was on today and tomorrow. We’d passed it once early on and it looked fun, we passed it again on the way back to the house and it looked like it was finishing.  He made his mother come with us and we got to the place and parked. We walked over to the place where the festival was and it was dead.  He asked if we should even go. I said no. I suggested coming back tomorrow, which is what I said in the first place. 

We took his mother to a nice coffee shop. F and his mother had different teas, I had coffee. I was rather annoyed with F as he was still glued to his phone. His poor mother did seem to enjoy looking out the window at the gorgeous garden.

We came back to the house and I suggested ordering sushi from his friend’s place. He had talked about having lunch delivered either today or tomorrow on Friday.  I thought that dinner would be nice. He finally did it and when it arrived we all had a lovely dinner. It was really good sushi.  F washed the dishes, I dried. No biggie.

After a bit of a rest, the two of us drove out to Mikawa to see The Meg. I had originally hoped to go out early to do a bit of pre-Christmas shopping, but F was being his grumpy self and didn’t want to. We arrived just in time to buy our tickets and popcorn.  

I loved it. It was fun and silly and not too gruesome or scary for me.  And, of course, it had Jason Statham. Sigh. 

We came back to Tsuruoka after the movie and F was a bit grumpy as usual. He wants to take his mother and go back to the festival “for lunch” tomorrow.  I told him that Sunday is my sleep-in day and he should just go if I’m not up. Honestly, he listed off the food available and it all sounds pretty gruesome.  All fried foods and noodles. Bleck. Food poisoning here we come. 

Tomorrow is K’s birthday so we have made plans to take her out for dinner tomorrow night. I hope she doesn’t try and wiggle out of it.  She often cancels or eats something too filling just before we go out so I hope she doesn’t do that tomorrow or F and I will have to celebrate without her. Snort.


That’s it for me for today. Come back later if you feel like it and see how my Sunday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: