October 21, 2018

Sunday - Sunny and Warm

An okay day.

I got up this morning for a few minutes and then went back to bed, which annoyed my husband.  Hey, it is Sunday and I need to sleep in at least once a week.  I finally got up, had my breakfast and then around 11 we all dutifully bundled into the car and went to the “Gas Festival”.  It was…lame.  We toured the building to see the new appliances that they were promoting. Those were cool, but there’s no way we’d be able to put some of them in this house. We’d have to build a new house just for them!  

We went outside and F asked me if I wanted any fried chicken or yakisoba. When I said I didn’t he wasn’t too happy, apparently, his mother didn’t want any either.  He did give me some money to go to the bakery booth and I picked up a couple of things.  We sat down and ate our things, but gradually F went off and K went off and I was sitting at a table by myself.  Magically they came back.  F was upset that we hadn’t eaten. I told him I just had breakfast and I didn’t really want the food on offer.  He asked if I wanted anything else. I said no, but I would like a drink.

He drove us all to a little coffee shop we know and the three of us had something to drink. They both had coffee, I had Irish Breakfast Tea. Yum.  

After we finished, we came back to the house and relaxed. I read some of my book (My Year of Meat) and checked out a few computer things.  F took a bit of a nap, then I did. I couldn’t sleep, so I read in bed. 

Later on, F asked if I needed anything and I said that I needed some food for my lunches. We went off to the grocery store and picked a bit up, then came back.  Soon after that, it was time to get ready.

Today was K’s birthday and F had made arrangements to take her out for her birthday.  We took her to our favourite place, Bistrot des Ponts in Mikawa.  I dressed up a little…a new tunic and a pair of leggings, and we drove off.  We nearly had the restaurant to ourselves and had a great meal.  Our main course was steak, but we also had kabocha soup, venison salad, grilled fish and an amazing baked apple with ice cream and coffee for afters. Yum.  

We paid and left.  We came back to the house. I came upstairs and changed into my pyjamas, despite it only being 8:30! I relaxed and F came upstairs later.  Even though he’d been a bit angry at me today, he did seem to get over it and we had a nice big hug a while ago.  We both took late showers and things are winding down for the night. F should really be sleeping, but isn’t.

Oh, and one silly thing, we finally turned on our heater in the room upstairs. It’s been getting quite cold lately and F suggested I turn it on tonight. It is rather nice to be warm again.

No idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow. Come on back and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: